The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Installed new Headunit, Wondering what I've lost in Harness

Post by OrlandoSonomazr5 »

Hello all,

Just installed a New pioneer Avh-3600bhs Head unit in my CC to get the Bluetooth functions, and this one has AppPlay which allows me to hook my iphone up to it and use apps like waze, maps, calendar, and other apps right on the head-unit which is, now that I've got it all working is freaking priceless. Even Has a option to add a rear view camera which I plan on doing cause I have a topper on the back and it makes it more difficult to see out the rear cause you cant wash the windows in between the cab and the truck very easily.

My Biggest question is I obviously used a conversion harness that came with the kit from crutchfield and I know not all the wires from the stock harness are now connected and I'm wondering if anyone has a wiring harness diagram for a 2002 CC or if anyone can tell me whats lost with those wires no longer being connected to something.

I feel like I've lost my factory alarm, as the alarm doesn't sound off now when you say leave the window down a little, lock the truck with the fob till the horn beeps, then reach inside unlock the door and open the door and no alarm will sound. I will get a security light but no horn or alarm sounding. I know the theft deterrent light was in the stock radio as well as the VSS sound control. I know the pioneers don't work with the VSS. But I'm wondering about the alarm. Is there something I need to rewire for the alarm to work.

And info would help. Thanks guys!!
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Installed new Headunit, Wondering what I've lost in Harn

Post by ApproachMedium »

This a 2003 or newer truck? If yours came with the higher end radio you will need that little GMOS box from metra to go between the wire harness to restore those functions. Other than that, theres no other function wires that you need connected from the truck to the aftermarket radio. things like the VSS and Class 2 serial data are useless to an aftermarket radio. If all the aftermarket radios functions are working on its own correctly, then all of the wire harness connections are made properly.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its a 2002. Yes I have all features of my radio, but I definitely lost the alarm. The key fob horn alert and security light come on but like I said if I leave the window down, lock it till horn beeps reach inside and slide up the lock and open the door I don't get my alarm anymore. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll learn live to without it. Thanks though.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

When you open the door, does the exterior lights flash?
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No none of the lights flash. And the only thing changes since was the radio.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Interesting. Something seems not right there. I would get that box that goes between the wire harness.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ