high mount stop light

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

rockinjranch
Regular
Regular

high mount stop light

Post by rockinjranch »

How do you remove the entire high mount brake light assembly, not just the lens but the base as well? 2002 CC thanks , keith :?:
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: high mount stop light

Post by Built2Bend »

I destroyed mine getting it out if I remember correctly it's actually glued in place and I don't think you can get it out with out breaking it
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Drop the headliner i think, and yes its glued in. Its a disaster. you will need to replace it if you remove it.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
Fv195

Post by Fv195 »

My high brake light stopped working, Whitehead I think also killed my cruse control I’ve tested the wires that go to light, no power, any ideas?
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

The CHMSL has its own fuse and relay in the under hood relay center or your brake switch is bad. Check all of those things. The bulbs also do not last that long, as they often melt the lens over them if you sit in traffic a lot.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

ApproachMedium wrote:The CHMSL has its own fuse and relay in the under hood relay center or your brake switch is bad. Check all of those things. The bulbs also do not last that long, as they often melt the lens over them if you sit in traffic a lot.

get the correct LED replacement lamp and that'll never be an issue. they're available in sylvania ZEVO series with a lifetime warranty.

IIRC i saw them at pep boys or oriely's, other store carry the ZEVO series to replace you map and courtesy lights too. and as an added bonus - they reduce the drain on your battery to almost nothing if you happen to leave that map light on overnight :)

hth
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

if you leave your map lights on over night the BCM automatically shuts them off after an hour or so. I have left my rear ones on many times after fudging around in the back seat looking for stuff when unloading the truck at night and forgot I had them on. Mine are LED, but i will come back to the truck unlock the doors and see them come on.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ