Crew cab on zr2 frame?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

krector88

Crew cab on zr2 frame?

Post by krector88 »

I have an 02 blue Zr2 with a 6 inch superlift, 2 inch body lift, 35x12.5 with 96,000 miles. I bought her in 2006 and slowly built it into what it is today. I just bought an 02 blue zr5 with a 2 inch body lift, 31x10.5 with 160,000 miles. I'd like to put my quad cab and bed on my Zr2 frame. If anyone already knows what I'm up against, or if anyone has any tips on this matter, I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.
2" body lift, 31x10.5, American Racing wheels, Zr2 front/rear diff. swap, track bar, Zr2 fenders & flares, Airaid intake, TB spacer, throttle blade mod, MAF screen delete, quad beam mod, HID headlights, Euro taillights, bull bar, 50" light bar, JVC DVD player, Focal speaker upgrade, 12" Solobaric L7, tinted windows, Viper alarm, Rancho shocks & stabilizer, tubular upper C/A, Flomaster dual exhaust, grey on black interior swap, roof mounted gun rack
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Crew cab on zr2 frame?

Post by Built2Bend »

What are your plans? A crew cab and bed on zr2 frame? Or do you want to keep the 6ft bed.
krector88

Post by krector88 »

I would like to put my crew cab and the 4.5' bed on the zr2 frame. It would be cool to have a 6' bed with the crew cab but that project seems like it could end up being more than I can handle. But now I'm curious on how hard it would be to extend the frame? I'm open to any suggestions though. Have any ideas or advice for what I'm up against? This all new to me.
2" body lift, 31x10.5, American Racing wheels, Zr2 front/rear diff. swap, track bar, Zr2 fenders & flares, Airaid intake, TB spacer, throttle blade mod, MAF screen delete, quad beam mod, HID headlights, Euro taillights, bull bar, 50" light bar, JVC DVD player, Focal speaker upgrade, 12" Solobaric L7, tinted windows, Viper alarm, Rancho shocks & stabilizer, tubular upper C/A, Flomaster dual exhaust, grey on black interior swap, roof mounted gun rack
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There are a couple that have done it. You can look to the Upfitters manual for all the differences in the frame and mounts. I suspect that those who did the swap used the ZR2 fenders and bed for the larger wheel well openings and flares.
You should be able to find some pictures of the trucks around here somewhere.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
krector88

Post by krector88 »

Thanks
booth9c1ss
Regular
Regular

Post by booth9c1ss »

I'm also considering this. Where is this up fitter manual?

My ZR2 body is rusting away, but the frame is good and only 10k on the drive train. Have a 4-person family.

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK