Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shallow L

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

plantone
Crew
Crew

Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shallow L

Post by plantone »

it looks like it SHOULD fit, but wondering if anyone has used one\ - or can at least verify the box dimensions of what they've shoehorned behind the rear seat anyway for comparison :)

would love to put a little bump in my truck, but my dual 12" vega box is more than i'm looking to do. plus it'd take up a lot a real estate in the bed, which i dont want to do. :nono:

thoughts?

Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shallow Loaded Enclosure
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0068XYNH4

i have pretty much a perfect amp to drive it - i have an older Hercules VIII 200w RMS that should do nicely just sitting out in the garage that i took out of my jimmy before i sold it a while ago, along with a full set of wiring components thats looking for a new home....

so the only magic i need to do is find the bump to wire onto the end, and of course a new head unit :X

any input would be greatly appreciated
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
plantone
Crew
Crew

Re: Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime R2S Single 10-Inch Shall

Post by plantone »

anyone?

if ya';ll havent used one of these, has anyone at least got dimensional specs as to what they have put behind the rear seat in theirs?
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Several of the members here have used an amplified bazooka bass tube. That's what I put in mine a few years back, but I had some feedback issues I never figured out and ended up unhooking it. Building a box has been on the to do list for a long time, but I don't know if I ever will. Let us know how this one works out for you if you get it.
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

thanks.

i dont see how a bazooka tube would fit behind the seat - thats a pretty tight space there between the rear bulkhead and the back seat.

for sure i'll keep ya'll posted if it fits

'03 LS Crew Cab
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

so with some google time and a couple phone calls to places selling it - apparently this box will fit back there if i remove the stupid scissor jack and mounting brackets and put it in that location!
Thank you Sounds of TriState in Claymont, DE! :rah:

i'll be sure to keep ya'll posted with some pics once i get it installed. i had a good month at work (i'm a subcontractor) so when the invoices get paid in i'll have some play money to throw at sounds in a couple weeks!

now to do some homework on which headunit i want. :rock: :rock:

'03 LS Crew Cab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re:

Post by HenryJ »

_STUCKY wrote:Several of the members here have used an amplified bazooka bass tube. ...
:wave: I was one

Image :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

ya.. but how low will a 5 or 6" sub in a bazooka go? 60 Hz? maybe 50?

i'm not looking for enough system to blow door seals (been there done that with my last box with a pair of vega vega 124's).... but i'd like to at least be able to get somewhere into the 30's.

i know i need to be into a 12 to really get into the low 30's and down into subsonic range in the teens and low 20's, but again - i know i dont have that kind of space, without saccrificing a significant hunk of my bed (not happening). anyway that old box with the dual 124's in it would blow the windows out of the topper in short order . i remember how it used to flex the roof of my jimmy.....
:!: :mrgreen:

'03 LS Crew Cab
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Hahaha. Yea the bazooka is more to kinda round out the sound range, probably not going to be knocking any mirrors off the windshield. It's been a while since I was looking for panty droppin' bass, and honestly it probably didn't work then anyways. But the back seat on these isn't really set up for whoopy, and I'm getting old anyways. :roflmao:

Anywho.... Yea what I planned to do with my truck was ditch the Jack (I'm solid axle front anyways so I'm too tall for it, my jack stuff went to a truck that needed it), ditch the cover, cut the brackets off the back wall, and build something to fit as many 8s or 10s as I can. You know, another project, always a project, too many projects, not enough time.

When I was 16, I started out with 2 15s, then went to 1 18 (needed like a 9 square foot box lol), then to 4 10s (by far my favorite setup, had 4 cerwin vega's), then went 4 12s. After that I had enough subs and amps that I didn't really have to buy anything when I changed vehicles (I'd just make or buy a box and make it happen). Sometimes I miss rattling parts off.

Also, you'll have to speak up, I didn't hear you clearly. :rock:

While I'm reminiscing about ol' times, here's a funny one. Had a buddy (with an eclipse) with 2 I think kicker 12s in those old tube style boxes. He comes over and says hey I have all this extra wiring here for more amps, let's hook some more stuff up. So we put my 4 cerwin vega 10s in also, I forget exactly but I think I had 2 like 1200 watt amps, not sure what his amp was but I remember it was like 3 feet wide, it was huge. So we put that all in, put in something ridiculous (for some reason "Dj Magic mike make the trunk go BOOOOM!" comes to mind), and we go for a ride. Mind you, it's early morning, in a quiet town. We hadn't been driving for 5 minutes and get pulled over. The guy comes up and says, "I got 3 calls about you guys. All I did was walk outside and listen for you and followed the noise". Ah fun times fun times. :lol:
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

Also, you'll have to speak up, I didn't hear you clearly. :rock:
what? :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

ya. my first system was a set of punch 8's driven by a 35watt (sony?) amp in the back of my K5 in a ported long skinny "truck box". with the whole fiberglass topper thing we basically tuned it so the whole truck was the speaker box. They were way louder than they should have been, but when you're playing with that much air space you can sometimes do fun things :D

i beat the hell out of those for about 10 years and a couple vehicles. i'm almost sorry i sold them :)

down the road i found a Cerwin Vega XL12D on the interweb in amazing shape and stuffed it in the 6600 CI box (the four 3" port one) to do a retro system and beat the crap out of my '94 jimmy - and hearing - with that for a couple years until the Akon Convicted came out. which after about 6 months ended up with me bending the voice coil :oops:

then a buddy sold me his CV 124's and we just wired Hercules down to 2ohm and kept bangin Akon :lol: even though he'd beat on them for a few years, he was a metalhead so they'd never seen low-low's until i got ahold of them :angel: 8)

i gotta give CV this much... those ole 124's are damn near indestructible as long as you power them right and put em in a good enclosure.

'03 LS Crew Cab
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

ok so i can confirm that this sub fits behind the seat. we had to cut the brackets where the jack was and remove the whole assmebly, plus use a shoehorn and lots of vaseline, but the seat back locks and it sounds great! :rah: :rah:

just enough low to really fill things out, but still an "inside system" that wont piss off all the neighbors.

went with a Pumpkin Android head unit which fits tigher than hell but works dandy. totally loving it even though i'm still figuring out all the how-to stuff with the extra features.

this is the one i purchased.
http://a.co/iI83HqC

will get a couple pics of the sub and amp behind the seat as well this weekend. Did have to replace my amp unfortunatly... the old Hercules finally sh!t the bed and the "protect circuit' light went on when we put power to it :(

ended up with RF Prime speakers all around, except for the dash where i selected a set of Vega 4x6 plates because they were shallow enough to fit.

'03 LS Crew Cab