Anyone interested in Firearms and/or Edged Weapons?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Anyone interested in Firearms and/or Edged Weapons?

Post by F9K9 »

:hide:

I almost hate to start a topic at this point :lol:

Anyway, since modding has calmed down due to the holiday season, I was just wondering if any of our members are knife or gun enthusiasts.

I know that this is a diversified group so, please no political statements :lol:

If you are a fan please post what you think, if you are an antigun or an antiknive individual please start a topic where we/you can voice an opinion.

I am just curious if we have any members that are into this topic and maybe what they have, what they like and dislike in the way of products.

I'll even go first. :lol:

I'm an "up to date" cerified Federal law enforcement firearms intructor and a Sigarms armorer. I love Glocks, have 3...Models 23C, 27 and a 36. I have Sigs in 45 ACP and 40 S&W. Long guns......I have a Ruger stainless 77 with Leopold 3x9 scope, a registered Colt short barreled automatic Car-15, a Springfield Armory super national match in 308 (or 7.62 NATO) and a H&K Super 90 12 Ga. I don't hunt, I just love to shoot.

Knives? :lol:

Too many to list but am the proudest of two "Randal Made Knives" and I have one due to be completed in 2006, I think. It takes 48 months to get one now. I doubt if anyone has even heard of them except, maybe Border Man.

TIA

Thanks In Advance

Reed
:hide:
Last edited by F9K9 on Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Taurus .357
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag
Ruger Mini 14
German Browning .32 auto from WWII (complete w/ Nazi proof markings)
WWII Italian "carcano", dated 1940
"Kmart Blue Light Special" .22 semi auto rifle (not sure who makes it)

Misc other odds 'n ends
They're all packed away (somewhere), never been fired since '95.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, since the "ban" has expired I have a couple Ruger stainless hicap mags I no longer need if, you decide to drag the stuff out again :D

Wouldn't hurt to wipe them down a couple times a year even if, it is for your next generation's use or resale sometime.

Thanks for the sespnse :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Walther P99
PPK
Ruger 7mm mag
2 preban sks
Bladed weapons

battle axe that I bought overseas made out of 1040 stanless
broad sword 1040 stanless
a katana made by a sword master over in okinawa that thing is sharp as hell.
2 long daggers I bought in the philippines there pretty cool for only paying $15 a piece for them
long sword I bought from a knife maker in Tenn.

All my bladed stuff you could actually sword fight with. :lol: I guess Ill be good to go if we ever end up like mad max and fire arms are non existent. :D
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rusty wrote:Taurus .357
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag
Ruger Mini 14
German Browning .32 auto from WWII (complete w/ Nazi proof markings)
WWII Italian "carcano", dated 1940
"Kmart Blue Light Special" .22 semi auto rifle (not sure who makes it)

Misc other odds 'n ends
They're all packed away (somewhere), never been fired since '95.

there's one :)
malkavian wrote:Walther P99
PPK
Ruger 7mm mag
2 preban sks
Bladed weapons

battle axe that I bought overseas made out of 1040 stanless
broad sword 1040 stanless
a katana made by a sword master over in okinawa that thing is sharp as hell.
2 long daggers I bought in the philippines there pretty cool for only paying $15 a piece for them
long sword I bought from a knife maker in Tenn.

All my bladed stuff you could actually sword fight with. :lol: I guess Ill be good to go if we ever end up like mad max and fire arms are non existent. :D

there's two :!:

I guess we can include "multi-tools" as and edged "weapon" :)

I carry a Gerber under my blazer along with the issued Glock, one extra mag and a surefire 6P flashlight when working with the Federal judges. I get razzed about carrying just one extra mag but, my theory is that I have never had to use 3 magazines before (in civilian life) but, I sure as heck have ended up in the dark :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

my favorite is the ole 1911

i cant hit s### with a glock. of course my hands are the most unsteady hands ever. i am a terrible shot
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

a2b wrote:my favorite is the ole 1911

i cant hit s### with a glock. of course my hands are the most unsteady hands ever. i am a terrible shot
That's like my Ruger 44mag. It's what I call the "old wild west" style revolver with what I've heard called a "hog leg grip" or something like that. All I know is it's almost impossible to hold on to and it kicks like the proverbial mule. Accuracy? What accuracy? I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Last edited by Rusty on Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:Wouldn't hurt to wipe them down a couple times a year even if, it is for your next generation's use or resale sometime.
I checked them last year and oiled them. I keep them in cases in a very dry place. Problem is, I have trigger locks on everything (4 year old running around) but no clue where the darned keys are. So much for home defense! I guess if someone broke into my house I could throw something at them. :?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I guess I'll add to the list.

Berreta 92FS 9mm w/laser
SS Ruger single six
Marlin .22 lever
Marlin 30-30 lever
Ithica 20 ga. single
Remington Sportsman 12 pump
Civil war Springfield 1822 .69 cal. musket
Tippmann 98 flatline camoed

I haven't hunted in years. The racing took that over, I just haven't taken it back up yet.

As for edged weapons. I just pack a swiss army "tinker". I wouldn't call it a weapon after scraping gaskets regularly, you couldn't fight your way out of a sandwich bag.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:I haven't hunted in years. The racing took that over, I just haven't taken it back up yet.
My Dad used to try to take me hunting many years ago. He finally gave up. I wouldn't sit still and kept making too much noise, scaring everything away. Same for fishing. A couple of years ago I told my Dad he was going to have to teach my son how to fish. He just laughed at that idea. Kyle is even more hyper than I was. :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rusty wrote:
f9k9 wrote:Wouldn't hurt to wipe them down a couple times a year even if, it is for your next generation's use or resale sometime.

I checked them last year and oiled them. I keep them in cases in a very dry place. Problem is, I have trigger locks on everything (4 year old running around) but no clue where the darned keys are. So much for home defense! I guess if someone broke into my house I could throw something at them. :?

Don't feel bad :)

I've got everything , except one handgun locked safely away in a 985 pound weapons vault that I have not been able to open since June :lol:

I know the combination and the steps to open it but, it has a mind of it's own! Going to spend a few more hours trying to open it and then I'm going to have to have someone from Diebold come and open it. Just hate to spend "mod" money on the dang thing :lol:
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

My modest arsenal is comprised of only a Remington 870 12 ga. pump.
I am looking to buy a Glock 23C
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Retep wrote:My modest arsenal is comprised of only a Remington 870 12 ga. pump.
You'd have things well rounded out with those two choices. :thumb:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Retep wrote:My modest arsenal is comprised of only a Remington 870 12 ga. pump.
My Dad had a really nice 12 gauge pump that he bought the same year I was born (1958). It was in beautiful condition. Never really got used that much. I think it was the first gun I ever fired when I was younger. Anyway, I figured he would leave it to me when he died (last August) only to find out he sold it 3 years before!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty wrote:...I have trigger locks on everything (4 year old running around) but no clue where the darned keys are...
That is why mine have a combination lock. Three digits ... license to kill...bet you can guess the combo ;)

Probably the most used of the lot is the old stainless steel Ruger .22 cal. Single six magnum-
I use the magnum cylinder loaded with bird shot shells for rattle snakes while out wheeling , hiking, and geocaching.
It is a really safe gun, being single action, and low maintainance.

Oh, Rusty ... I like the grip for a .22 cal :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:
Rusty wrote:...I have trigger locks on everything (4 year old running around) but no clue where the darned keys are...
That is why mine have a combination lock. Three digits ... license to kill...bet you can guess the combo ;)

Probably the most used of the lot is the old stainless steel Ruger .22 cal. Single six magnum-
I use the magnum cylinder loaded with bird shot shells for rattle snakes while out wheeling , hiking, and geocaching.
It is a really safe gun, being single action, and low maintainance.

Oh, Rusty ... I like the grip for a .22 cal :D
For a second there, I thought that was the same picture I used. I like the style of these guns. Classic. Normally, I would like the grip too, just not for something that kicks as hard as a .44mag does.

I've never seen trigger guards with combination locks. Interesting. I'll have to look for them. Of course, I still have to figure out how to get the other ones off.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty wrote:...I've never seen trigger guards with combination locks.
This the brand that I am using- Sesamee Gun-Blok
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Before I got my safe (that is still refusing to let me in) and I would have young ones around, I would disassemble my weapons and scatter the parts. Then it would take me weeks to find them all :roll:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Anyone interested in Firearms and/or Edged Weapons?

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:Edged Weapons?
I just finished splitting some firewood...

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

barch97 wrote:I just finished splitting some firewood...
Never guess what popped into my mind...."Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother fourty whacks. When she had saw what she had done, she gave her father fourty-one."

- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HA HA HA...

I was thinkin' more like:

Jack Torrance

border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

This is what I carry everyday. Service Issued H&K Compact .40

I like this gun except for the long trigger pull. It replaced my huge berreta. I also carry a full auto M-4 or Remington shotgun when I'm out chasing aliens.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:... when I'm out chasing aliens.
I thought it was no longer "politically correct to call them that now? Something like undocumented immigrants? Aww, that's not right...I can't remember what the correct term to be used was :(
I guess we wouldn't want to get them mixed up with the martians :roll:
By that time you should be armed with a phaser for chasing aliens :bounce:

Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

new avatar for border man?

:lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Let me tell you a little about Border Man. :)

They may still train some at where I did in Brunswick, GA at the federal law enforcement training center (FLETC}. all feds except FBI and DEA start out there and the various agencies "fine tune" their own people). I have been told that they have a new site in the west, maybe AR.

I do not know the proper name for the agency (with all the homeland security reorganizations) but, my basic police and criminal investigator training at FLETC was a vacation compared to the Border Patrol's training there at the time.

As a firearms instructor that taught in Brunswick, a short time, I can tell you that what ever their agency wanted, the firearms and leather industry made sure the Border Patrol got it!

James Bond? No! Just a person working in an unforgiving climate and terrain. Often he or she is working solo.

Back at the beginning of this topic I mentioned Randall Made Knives. Order one today and it will be done in 2008. An option to the basic model I requested was a "Border Patrol" handle.

People jump when the BP asks for something modified.

Give me all the high tech gear, cool firearms, over me 100 grand a year and I would laugh at you. I worked the border 6 measly weeks and will tell you that it has to be the hardest job in the law enforcement field. You couldn't pay me enough to walk in Border Man's shoes.

Didn't mean to get on the soap box Barch but, when your life is on the line and you are young. silly things like a brand of firearm or your rechargable flashlight is more important to them than a mod on your truck.

I bet a month's retirement check that Border Man is carrying something that he has bought himself, to do his job better. If he is starting out in his career he spent that money knowing that his family needed stuff and his wife or girlfriend blessed his purchase of that tool.
They make those sacrifices to make sure that they come home at the end of their shift.

Sorry, am off my soap box I just felt it needed to be said.

Barch, I knew you were being humorous and humor is needed by all of us. I just felt like I should explain about "boys and thier toys" when it comes to warriors and enforcers. Humor is what got me through a lot of stressful places. Heck (see how clean this jarhead can talk? lol) I've told "one liners", when I was alone, to corpses while waiting on a coroner:lol:

I never have had much response when telling jokes :lol:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

HenryJ wrote:
border man wrote:... when I'm out chasing aliens.
I thought it was no longer "politically correct to call them that now? Something like undocumented immigrants? Aww, that's not right...I can't remember what the correct term to be used was

Well you and quite a few other people may think that. Up until a few months ago, we were mandated to refer to them in a kinds of creative politically correct ways :puke: (univited guest workers, etc..) when doing our reports. Then came new management with a backbone who reminded us all that Title 8 of the United States Code (immigration) clearly identifies any foreigner here without proper documentation as an Illegal Alien and therefore would be refered to as such.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:... Title 8 of the United States Code (immigration) clearly identifies any foreigner here without proper documentation as an Illegal Alien and therefore would be refered to as such.
Sounds like the line from "Miracle on 34th Street"...If the Untited States Postal Service, a branch of the federal government recognizes that this is indeed Santa Claus ...then this court will not dispute that decision. :mrgreen:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:
barch97 wrote:new avatar for border man?

Let me tell you a little about Border Man. :)

They may still train some at where I did in Brunswick, GA at the federal law enforcement training center (FLETC}. all feds except FBI and DEA start out there and the various agencies "fine tune" their own people). I have been told that they have a new site in the west, maybe AR.

I do not know the proper name for the agency (with all the homeland security reorganizations) but, my basic police and criminal investigator training at FLETC was a vacation compared to the Border Patrol's training there at the time.

As a firearms instructor that taught in Brunswick, a short time, I can tell you that what ever their agency wanted, the firearms and leather industry made sure the Border Patrol got it!

James Bond? No! Just a person working in an unforgiving climate and terrain. Often he or she is working solo.

Back at the beginning of this topic I mentioned Randall Made Knives. Order one today and it will be done in 2008. An option to the basic model I requested was a "Border Patrol" handle.

People jump when the BP asks for something modified.

Give me all the high tech gear, cool firearms, over me 100 grand a year and I would laugh at you. I worked the border 6 measly weeks and will tell you that it has to be the hardest job in the law enforcement field. You couldn't pay me enough to walk in Border Man's shoes.

Didn't mean to get on the soap box Barch but, when your life is on the line and you are young. silly things like a brand of firearm or your rechargable flashlight is more important to them than a mod on your truck.

I bet a month's retirement check that Border Man is carrying something that he has bought himself, to do his job better. If he is starting out in his career he spent that money knowing that his family needed stuff and his wife or girlfriend blessed his purchase of that tool.
They make those sacrifices to make sure that they come home at the end of their shift.

Sorry, am off my soap box I just felt it needed to be said.

Barch, I knew you were being humorous and humor is needed by all of us. I just felt like I should explain about "boys and thier toys" when it comes to warriors and enforcers. Humor is what got me through a lot of stressful places. Heck (see how clean this jarhead can talk? lol) I've told "one liners", when I was alone, to corpses while waiting on a coroner:lol:

I never have had much response when telling jokes :lol:
As usual you completely missed the joke but at least you recognized that there was a joke. So, I guess you're making progress. :P
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

Sig Arms 9mm
Stainless Tarus 12 ' barrel 44 mag
Walther PPKS380
Ithika model 37 featherlite deerslayer
Winchester model 1846 pump 22 rifle
Ruger 22/250 (Bushnell scope)
Thompson Center Black diamond XR 50 cal BP (simmons scope)
CVA 50 cal BP
Browning 20 gauge
Stainless Ruger M77 308 (Redfield 5 star scope)
Sporterized British 303
Benelli Nova 12 gague
Charles Daly 3 1/2 mag 12 gauge vented ribbed (mossy oak breakup)
SpringField Arms AR15 stainless cryo'd competition barrel
2 National Fabrigue pistols, unknown caliber
Numerous offbrand shotguns for brush hunting
Bows:
Mathews Q2
Martin Jaguar
Hoyt Havotec

I love them all, but they all stay locked up in the gun safe unless, I am cleaning, shooting, or hunting with them. My wife and 4 children are also all archery and gun enthusiest's I dont disagree with individuals not owning them, but dont want them to disagree with me for choosing to own them
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Nice selection of firearms :thumb:

Have almost forgotten what I have :lol:

Mrs F9K9 thought I was keeping my safe locked because of secrets :)

I have the default factory combination for Diebold (with the instructions held by magnets over the "thing that turns") and I said "go ahead" :lol:

She is on week 2 of her attempts

:roflmao:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

ME shootin my gun today Image
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Rusty wrote:
a2b wrote:my favorite is the ole 1911

That's like my Ruger 44mag. It's what I call the "old wild west" style revolver with what I've heard called a "hog leg grip" or something like that. All I know is it's almost impossible to hold on to and it kicks like the proverbial mule. Accuracy? What accuracy? I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Sweet peice, I got that one, my favorite. I have in a 357 variety. Amont other various assortments. ;->
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
OffroadinZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by OffroadinZR5 »

Glock 29 10mm auto
Century H&K 91 .308
Remington 870 Express Magnum
Walther P22
Remington Apache 77

If anyone has a Sig p226 or p228 they are wanting to get rid of I might be interested in picking it up.
02zr5, 31x10.5 goodyear wrangler mt/r's
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Ruger P89 9mm
Walther PPK 380
Glock 40 cal in the works
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Yellow Hammer wrote:Ruger P89 9mm
Walther PPK 380
Glock 40 cal in the works
Glock 40 :D

22,23, 23C, 27?

Very nice choice :D
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Reply to the "old" gun forum

Post by Steve2003 »

Just recently took my son out shooting for the first time, dusted off the old guns and had a blast. I haven't fired my weapons in at least fifteen years. Here's what we took out to the range:
Mossberg 12 Gauge Shotgun
S&W .357 L-Frame Nickel plated
Ruger Red-Hawk .44 Magnum, 9 1/2 inch barrel Stainless Stell
Remington bolt action .22LR
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

remington 870 express magnam combo. 410 single shot pice of $#!*
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

the safe is open, the safe open :bounce: :bounce:

Only cost me $110.00 but, it was worth it :D

No rust to speak of except, a little on some M1A-1 magazines and it was like Christmas :D

I clean forgot about all the tools I had when I was an armorer. I could have used them on a few of my mods :twisted:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I just picked up one of these on ebay: Gerber Hinderer Rescue Knife

I like the idea that it was designed for use with heavy gloves. The clip designed for going over heavy material should work nice on my bug out bag. A blade that may be used as a pry bar fits my profile.

This is the first blade I have purchased in a very long time. My swiss army "Tinker" was probably the last one I bought. I have a nice Gerber folding knife given to me on my birthday 1977. I haven't carried it in a very long time.
This one just looked like a decent tool, so I took the plunge. If nothing else it may find a place in my duty uniform.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Nice looking knife, I may have to look at adding one to my C.E.R.T kit. I just picked up a Victorinox SwissTool Spirit Plus this weekend to add to my kit. The tool selection is good but the blade is small and impossible to get to with gloves on. A dedicated rescue blade would be a good addition to my gear
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

remington sportsman (made off a browning a5)
mossburg 835 12 gauge
and .264 win mag made with a wwII mauser action
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Guns/knives Oh my!!!!!

Post by mjmcdowell »

Yes, I too have a passion for guns and knives, the M1911 in .45 is my favorite, a Colt done by LaRocca , and a Spfld Armory done at the original "Gunsite" shooting academy when it was run by the late Col. per his idea as a perfect defensive handgun. A S&W mod. 60 .38 by LaRocca and >22's acouple of rifles and a shotgun or two. Knives, many... spyderco, Benchmade , SOG, Gerber, CRKT, a couple of custom HAK's and yes Reed a Randal model 14 attack which was with me every day during my tour in the Inf. in RVN ( 69-70) I might also add that I am a "Watchaholic". Too many addictions too little $$, stay safe, mjmcdowell
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

f9k9 wrote:........................Too many to list but am the proudest of two "Randal Made Knives" and I have one due to be completed in 2006, I think. It takes 48 months to get one now. I doubt if anyone has even heard of them except, maybe Border Man. .............
I received my last one late due to the war. Build time is now 54 months if, you order one today. I have one of all three now.

Brule,
Looks like a class 1 tool for your trade!

If, I have my wallet then this Spydercos is always with me.

One of these two Spydecos are always in my front jean or slacks pocket.

Curt

Post by Curt »

Let me see guns, I lean toward Remington in long guns but have an assortment of 11
Shot guns also Remington but have a couple Ithicas and have 7 shotguns
Handguns, my favorites are my Smith and Wesson's Model 29 and 27 they both shoot right where they are pointed and are smooth, my next would be the Ruger Super Black Hawk (the old west gun) in 45 long Colt.
This one with 20 grains of H110 and a Nosler 250 grain will do 1.5 groups at 50 meters good hunting load but is a Ruger only load not something for any other 45 .
Knives , before the Army I could keep my schrade's sharp enough to shave with on just a small whet stone sometime during my four years of service something happened I lost my touch I can stone a blade away and not get and edge that is sharp or that will stay not sure what the heck happened. So I just have a Schrade sharp finger and a Schrade steel it does all things skinning!
Have a reloading and light repair room, I do some bullet casting also. well starting to be a book and almost like mines biggern yours so will shut up now but is one of my favorite subjects :D
Curt
unvth1s
Regular
Regular

Post by unvth1s »

not so much a knife enthusiast as I am a gun enthusiast. I got my first texas trophy hunting sticker from a gun show for a buck. I currently use for hunting a 12 gauge Ruger over-and-over, 20 gauge Remington 7-shot pump, 410 Winchester shotgun, 300 weatherby mag, One non-scope single-shot Remington .22 and a 10-shot bolt-action scoped Remington .22 mag, 7mm scoped rifle Remington, and a Remington Heavy Barrel 308 rifle (<--dead accurate @ 250-300 yards. All my rifles are custom rigged for lightweight trigger-spring. Barely touch the trigger and it'll fire. I also own a 6 shooter Smith & Wesson revolver. My dad has his own collection of guns, all of mine are of course hand-me-downs from my dad or grandpa. Only a couple of my guns are actually new.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I just picked up a CRKT M1-Tactical - Greg Lightfoot design. Good sized knife, I was carrying a slightly smaller CRKT Casper before.

Mine's the black combo edge, but next time I find one on sale again, I think I'll get the Desert Tan as well.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Me and the wife both carry a Gerber Folding Hunter Clip Point and I occasionally carry a Gerber LMF II Infantry when hiking or camping. :D

Image Image

Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Suffice to say my house would not be a good place to break into if you don't want excess ventilation, 20 + bangbangs including .22 Ruger Mark II,Taurus PT945, Ruger Old Army, Bersa Thunder .380ACP, and many long guns from .22cal through 7.62x54R plus a .45 smokepole and I've lost count of all the knives.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:Suffice to say my house would not be a good place to break into if you don't want excess ventilation, 20 + bangbangs including .22 Ruger Mark II,Taurus PT945, Ruger Old Army, Bersa Thunder .380ACP, and many long guns from .22cal through 7.62x54R plus a .45 smokepole and I've lost count of all the knives.
Sheat, Brian! You don't even need a self defense weapon. I would sh_t my pants if, you just woke up, rubbed your eyes and said "WTF is going on" :lol:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

you have it all wrong, if I shoot them with a .380 auto then have to break their neck to get them to stop what there doing I can claim I started with minimal force and worked up.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:you have it all wrong, if I shoot them with a .380 auto then have to break their neck to get them to stop what there doing I can claim I started with minimal force and worked up.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Nice but I can buy this one at any good gun shop. Saiga 12 guage.Tactical Saiga As for breaching the door in the first scene, the last door I kicked in looked pretty much the way the shotgunned door looked (lock what lock) :lol: :lol:
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Not to step on toes or anything, but I wish that 'Rusty' was still around. His posts listed him as 'guest', and I know it was a long time ago from the dates, but if anyone knew how to contact him it would be a good idea.
The WWII Carcano he mentioned could be deadly if he is actually shooting it. There were a few different models made at least, and I am not certain exactly which ones are made with a threaded lug on the back of the bolt other than the shorter carbine version which I do own one of, for nostalgia's sake, (along with an original box of shells...kinda cool), but I've never shot it.
He needs to know NOT to shoot that gun under ANY circumstances.
The design is bad, very bad, and production rushed at best, due to the time of manufacture. More than one of the models had the same problem and all were produced during the war. The lug on the back of the bolt is known to project itself rearward at a velocity similar enough to the velocity of the projectile leaving the front of the barrel, unexpectedly. About the diameter of a nickel and say over a half inch thick, just inches from the cheek bone right below the eye. Has proven to cause some very nasty injuries if not death. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

turkeestalker wrote:... I wish that 'Rusty' was still around... Anyone know how to get in touch with him?
I do too sometimes. He was a good guy.
A big mess lead to his request to be removed. I think he took it too hard. Wish things could have been different.

I have no idea how to get in touch. All ties were cut at his request. I hope he pops in and reads your post someday.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

I originally started to post my list for fun, but the previous post was more important, so here goes.
.22 Mark II in stainless with 10" bull barrel (serious tack driver)
.44 mag Redhawk in stainless with 7" and 2x nickel Nikon in factory rings (actually pulled a 2 & 3/4" inch 100 yd group with 180 gr. XTP @ 1320 fps on bags....way fun gun)
HiPoint polymer framed 9mm (great for fairing pocket on road trips or boat)
Ruger Old Army in stainless (wanted a pistol at 17 and couldn't legally buy anything else, love this one)
10/22 Ruger
Savage/Anschutz .22 mag bolt action w/ fixed 6x (one of the prettiest pieces of European walnut I've seen on a long gun)
Weatherby Mark V in .240 Wby mag w/ 6.5 to 20x( handload 55gr. Nosler Ballistic tips at over 4k fps, can literally lift a coyote off the ground and flip once or twice, never failed on deer with a 100 gr. Hornady BTSP)
Weatherby Mark V in .300 Wby mag (....um TOO much gun....but beautiful)
Weatherby Vangaurd 7mm Rem mag (still TOO much...nearly decapitated the first deer taken with my favorite neck shot)
2 Mark 10 barreled actions in .270 Win ( one in nylon stock and one in custon wood.....delved into glass bedding and all for a bit)
Winchester 94 AE in .307 Win (yes, 307, over bored intentionaly for fear of people using 308 ammo and pressure concerns in a lever action, so not terribly accurate at a distance, but great little close range brush gun)
.50 cal. Traditions Lightning bolt action in fluted stainless
.50 cal. CVA in-line Appolo ( not part of the recall)
Winchester 20 Gauge auto with WinChoke system
20 Gauge H&R single shot (1st I ever bought at age 14, lots of memories and the one my boys will harvest thier first turkeys with, like I did)
Mosseberg 835 w/ 4x diamond reticle scope (may be considered a throw-away gun by most, but I've harvested many many toms with it and it has never failed me)

There are actually more....but I've already over done it. Most are a poor man's gun, only a few that are really worth that much. I am not a freak, simply an enthusiast to say the least and I love handloading for accuracy. Owned most of them since before I was married, lest I wouldn't have them now probably, after our divorce, tust me, she tried. Not much on assault style weapons, but let me cloverleaf a few at a couple hundred yards with a good old bolt action and I'm almost in 'schwing' state like Wayne and Garth....um.....ok.....maybe I am a freak.
Last edited by turkeestalker on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

Just saw your response HenryJ, after my last post. Any chance somebody that doesn't tend to clear out thier mail might still have an address in thier messages somewhere....or something? It would be good he knew if he doesn;t already. In case he ever finds the keys to his trigger locks.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Nice collection.
I fully endorsed the one gun a month law they tried to put through a few years ago. I just kept wondering when they were going to start sending me the money to pay for all those guns though, it's kind of tough to keep up that pace on my meager salary.Image
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

You do use that quote, thanks for confirming it's original author. That was a magnet on my parents fridge when I was a kid, just stuck in my head. My father the baptist preacher had an FFL for a while when I was young and those were affordable to the average good citizen. Made aquisition of some of them easy and reasonably priced.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I received a Buck #119 for my birthday.

This replaced one I had many years ago. A good all around knife. I have many fond memories of survival trips , hunting and fishing with that knife on my hip.
Glad to have the replacement! :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:I received a Buck #119 for my birthday. .......
Happy belated Bday BruleImage! I also have a couple Bucks from the 70s. Excellent knives but, has sharpening them gotten any easier?
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I was issued an AR-15 and Glock 31. Both seem quite effective. Unlimited ammo policy makes it fun to go through a few boxes :wink:
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:... has sharpening them gotten any easier?
It has for me. I picked up a Smith's Pocket pal sharpener. Carbide, ceramic and diamond for keeping most anything sharp. Easy to carry along for a quick edge. I can spend time on the stones at home, but this is an easy carry.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Anything new in your arsenal?
I still would like to have a Ruger ranch rifle and a big outfitters Marlin someday.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Admittedly, I have been out of the loop for five years. I am still the firearms instructor with the marshal service. I would have to do some research but, the earlier rancher rugers had a flimsy pos rear sight on the rancher models and depended to much on the optical sights. I have owned two and one slip or jar took out both rear rights. Allot of things change in 10 plus years so, I am afraid that I cannot be of any more assistance.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

this seems like an old thread but i think ill chime in. :)

i have....
a Savage Arms 22 bolt action
a Ithaca Single shot 20 ga
a Ithaca Modle 37 16 ga, dated 1948
a Mossberg 500 12 ga
a Browning lever action .22
a Winchester Modle 70 .270, dated 1955
a S&W .38 police revolver
and im in the process of saving up for an Bushmaster O.R.C M4 :D
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I added a .45 and a .40 glock.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I don't have much for knives other than my skinning ones. I do carry a Leatherman if that counts. My son is into the blades. Since I moved 12 years ago, I no longer have my gun dealership and store. But I still have a couple toys left. I still do gunsmithing at home.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I did make a couple of Randall Made Knives purchases within the last couple of years. One took almost four years from ordering to delivery.
MeanMr.Mustard
Regular
Regular

Post by MeanMr.Mustard »

Ive got a Taurus Judge 3inch brrl shoots 2 1/2in .410 and .45colt.
Wifes gotta little PT25 to play with. I would like to add a shotgun and a nice carbine. :)
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Here is my rapid access ZOMBIE REMOVAL DEVICE
Mac90 milled receiver, custom ambidextrous thumbhole stock, Williams peep sights, see through upper receiver scope mount with Burris 1.5-5 crosshair dot scope, weaver mount anti-cant bubble level, leather high rise cheek weld, collapsible bipod. Zeroed so both scope and peep sights are dead on at 100 yds, kept with 4 30rd mags loaded for quick use till I can get to the rest of the gear.
MoJoe
Crew
Crew

Post by MoJoe »

Just found this thread, I have a few toys.

Glock 20 with a few add-ons
Mossberg 500 Roadblocker
Ruger Mark III SS Target
Benelli SBE2
Looking into some new toys

Multiple Spyderco's
Benchmade 910 S and 9100 AS
Emerson CQC-15
Last edited by MoJoe on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
4WD Crew Cab, just not an S-10 anymore ;)
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

A Springfield 5" 1911
a couple hand me downs:
a Bersa 380
a Tauras PT-22
a no name .22 revolver

A bunch of grandpaws long guns mostly powder guns in ruff shape
a old remington semi auto .22
a couple Ruger 10/22's
and a old 12ga

I'm slow on knives I have two or three buck folders
had a sweet benchmade self opener that I got in Kosovo (the only thing my supply sgt ever got that we actually wanted) but I either lost it or got it stolen just before heading back to Germany :cry:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

thought id update, since i got 2 new toys :mrgreen:

heres my new GSG-5 in 22lr, im waiting on getting an eotech sight hopefully, if not maybe just a regular red dot
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o387 ... 092120.jpg

and heres the AR that i built with my uncle
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o387 ... 092117.jpg
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am really fond of the M4 styled AR! Did you happen to catch the leaked investigative report by the US Army on the M4 after the engagement last yr or the yr before?

Surely to he*l they have gotten the designs straightened out after the failures we experienced four frickin' decades ago!