ZR5 Conversion

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ZR5 Conversion

Post by Guitar831 »

Let's say I want to upgrade a stock crew cab into a ZR5 Crew Cab. LMC Truck sells the ZR5 decals and stainless steel step bars. But I would want black step bars to make the conversion look authentic. Where would I find them and other parts of the ZR5 package?

ZR5 decals
Black step bars
Black bed rails
Black roof rack
Other ZR5 parts if necessary
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The most expensive part of converting to a ZR5 is the fender flares which are ridiculously priced at over $300 each. :shock:

Steve
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: ZR5 Conversion

Post by gocntry »

Guitar831 wrote:Let's say I want to upgrade a stock crew cab into a ZR5 Crew Cab. But I would want black step bars to make the conversion look authentic. Where would I find them and other parts of the ZR5 package?
The Step Bars For The ZR5 Are Bolted Onto Threaded Studs The Are Attached To The Frame By The Factory. I Took Mine Off My ZR5, So You Could Get The Step Bars But Would Need To Come Up With A Way To Attach Them. The Bed Rails I Also Took Of My Truck, You Will Need To Drill 2 Holes In Each Side Of The Top Of Your Bed To Attach These To Your Truck. The ZR5 Wheels Seem To Be Hard To Get And Are Not That Cheap.

EDIT: I Also Removed My Fender Flairs From My Truck Too, These Actually Made My Wheel Well Smaller (not by much) By The Way They Bolt On.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but isn't the ZR series wider stance? If so, other than cosmetic appearance, why would you want to attempt this "upgrade". :?:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ZR5 was just an appearance package. Nothing more nothing less. I should have kept my stuff, I took off of mine but, they went to good homes. I gave my nerfs away to a parts counter jockey who vanished before he could pay for them with welding work. I gave Brule my bed rails (I think) for shipping costs. I sold my ZR5 wheels to Brule, as well. There is a '00 CC with ZR5 flares somewhere in AZ owned by Border_Man. :wink: Nice to know that my rig is spread all over the US :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

So, what years does the ZR 2 encompass? It is wider stance according to when I go buy parts for my CC. BTW thanks for the ZR 5 clarification.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ZR2s ran from 94 to '04 with a few ZR2 Blazers in '05
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Well you really gotta give this newbie a break. The ZR5 is not built like the ZR2 with heavy frame, bilstiens, wide track, etc.? So if appearance only, could you get a 2WD ZR5? Got my ZR2 about 3 months ago now the wife is whinning for a 4 door. Go figure. So now I'm trying learn from you guys with the CC.
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

The ZR2 also guaranteed the 8.5" rear diff...

There was also 2wd ZR2's.
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

To my knowledge all s-10 crew cabs were 4x4 in either the LS or ZR-5 package
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

My '02 is a ZR5 LS, hmmm. Guess I got both. 8) :thumb:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Mine is a LS Zr5 also, If they used the same nomenclature as on other vehicles the LS was the base package with cloth seats the ZR5 was the add on appearance package upgrade. Someone else would have to tell us if the leather interior CC's are a LT package that would be consistent to the GM badging scheme but I have never seen a CC around here with that package.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:.........Someone else would have to tell us if the leather interior CC's are a LT package that would be consistent to the GM badging scheme but I have never seen a CC around here with that package.
Mine's heated leather and it is a LS.
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I upgraded from stock Sonoma crew to ZR-5 look-alike....
Before:

After

I got the flares from F9K9, and the roof rack came from a 2-door Blazer.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You forgot to mention that you are the only '00 member we haveImage