Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Side Window Deflectors

Post by Rockrz »

Is anybody using Side Window Deflectors like the ones at
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvprod ... iceIds=134

They say these reduce wind noise

Is it true that these make a big enough difference that you
notice less noise from wind when driving at highway speeds?

If it does, I might get some...
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

A little less noise but biggest benefit is being able to crack the window and not get rain inside the cab, at highway speeds it's still louder than using your HVAC for air. The other nice thing about them is reduced glare from high angle sun where the visor does not quite reach all the way back the window.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

04crewvt wrote:biggest benefit is being able to crack the window and not get rain inside the cab
I like that idea, although I don't smoke anymore and wouldn't
really have any reason to put the window down unless my passenger
decides to start passing gas or something :!:
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

You have obviously never needed to open you windows in a blinding snow storm to cool off the truck when the defroster is working overtime to keep the window clear.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I agree with 04crewvt, the ability to have your window open a little in a rain is a big advantage. A lot of time I don't even have to run the defroster when it rains.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Leaving the windows cracked without notice in the summer heat is another benefit.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I didn't think of that one. Must be all those blazing hot 75 degree days up here in the summer
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

In Channel Vent Visors.....
Aerovisors
rain deflector
HenryJ wrote:Installed the Weathertech deflectors today.
They install in just a few minutes. The fronts fit very nicely and snap in quickly :thumb: I do like the fact that they do not have a "relief" on the lower edge like some, but instead use a heavier plastic to create rigidity.

The rears , leave a little to be desired. They are a little "off" on the fit requiring some grinding of edges to make a little improvement. They do only fit in the section that rolls down, which I thought would look strange, but instead looks just fine. Close inspection of the rears will reveal the less than perfect fit, however they are a pretty close match on tint and virtually disappear at first glance.

I think the front set are great, rears adequate.
I have had them going on six years now.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

f9k9 wrote:Leaving the windows cracked without notice in the summer heat is another benefit.
I have them on every vehicle I have for just this reason.
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

f9k9 wrote:Leaving the windows cracked without notice in the summer heat is another benefit.
Why would you need to leave the windows down in the summer?

I never need to do that since my AC works very well and cools
the cab down in just a few moments

And, down here in Texas it gets up to 120 degrees in the
truck when parked in the open sunshine on hot pavement
like when you go to the mall
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rockrz wrote:Why would you need to leave the windows down in the summer?
To allow the heat to escape while it is parked.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I've heard people do that, but I've also heard that
this makes it much easier for criminals to get
into your vehicle using a coat hanger.

I always figured it'd be better to make it harder
on the criminals since the AC cools it down in
my truck pretty quick.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We get to set the stock security system. They will not get far without a fuel pump.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

True, but they can sure steal valuables
from inside the cab, which can't be good.

I'm about to disable my stock security system
cause it keeps not letting me drive my truck
even though I'm authorized!

I asked the dealer about this and they think
I may need to invest in some new parts...
(they always says that!)

That's OK, I'll install a manual starter kill switch so
if they hot wire the truck they still won't be able to
activate the starter.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rockrz wrote:True, but they can sure steal valuables
from inside the cab, which can't be good.
You think a window is going to stop that? Why mess with a coat hanger? I can pop a window and grab stuff lots faster than that.
If they want in they will get in, whether the window is down 1/2 an inch or not.
With the Weatherflectors installed you really don't see that the window is even down, so it is not like you are advertising.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea if you have the sliding glass back window you basically have an unlocked window anyway. Good to know if you ever lock your keys inside.Image Not so good if you know how to open it and you are the bad guy
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

HenryJ wrote:You think a window is going to stop that? Why mess with a coat hanger? I can pop a window and grab stuff lots faster than that.
If they want in they will get in, whether the window is down 1/2 an inch or not.
With the Weatherflectors installed you really don't see that the window is even down, so it is not like you are advertising.
Breaking the window can potentially draw alot of attention making
the criminal wish he would have broken in quietly...not all criminals
are totally dumb.

I've heard numerous stories of people leaving their windows down
slightly here where it gets so hot, and they come out and find their
vehicles have been broken into. I just feel better 'bout leaving
mine up all the way

04crewvt wrote:Yea if you have the sliding glass back window you basically have an unlocked window anyway. Good to know if you ever lock your keys inside.Image Not so good if you know how to open it and you are the bad guy
Mine is not the sliding glass, and I learned long ago to keep a
spare door key in my wallet.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Spare from wallet put under mat by repair shop realize that .5 seconds after seeing the door shut with the key just far enough out of the lock to deactivate the door interlock.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I leave my junk unlocked with the keys in it anyway! :lol: Who in their right mind is going to get far in a short school bus with the tags memorized?

Image :wink: :lol:

Let's get past vent visors and just move on.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

f9k9 wrote:...with the tags memorized?
Are those custom tags, or did they just happen to give these to you?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rockrz wrote:.........Are those custom tags, or did they just happen to give these to you?
Ummmmm, can someone help me out on this one?Image
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

All military dog handlers get those tags in KY.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:All military dog handlers get those tags in KY.
OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

HenryJ wrote:All military dog handlers get those tags in KY.
That's what I was wondering due to the "K9" part.