Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - PRICE LOWERED AGAIN - $175.00

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - PRICE LOWERED AGAIN - $175.00

Post by gocntry »

These Are Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders, They Consist Of The Following:

2x3x1/4" tubing for the slider itself, 2x2x1/4" tubing for the outrigger bars, and 3/8" plate to mount to the frame (two mounts per side. The Rocker Protector Consist Of 2" OD DOM tube.

If I Remember Correctly These Weigh In At About 80Lbs Each.

If You Have The Zr5 Package These Will Bolt Onto The Factory Studs For Your Step Bars, Otherwise They Will Have To Be Bolted Or Welded To Your Frame.

They Are In Good Shape, No Dents Or Bends, They Do Have A Couple Scrapes The Worst On Is Shown. They Are Black Powdercoated.

They Need To Have 1 Extra Bolt Per Mount Added To The Frame, Grade 8 Bolts Are Included.

I Do Not Have A Way To Ship These Cheeply, I Am Willing To Drive Within Reason To Meet Someone For A Pickup. (a deposit will be required)

I Have Pictures Of Them Mounted On My Crew, When I Find Them I'll Post Those Too

Last edited by gocntry on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - $350.00

Post by roadrunner »

Wish you were closer. My Westin's are about rotted away.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

roadrunner wrote:Wish you were closer. My Westin's are about rotted away.
Didn't Say I Couldn't Ship 'Em Just Said It Won't Be Cheap :lol:

Seriously Though It would Probably Be $60.00 Or So Per Slider To Ship Them. If That Interest You At All
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Thanks for the consideration but that's a bit beyond my current financial condition. I do like the look of them and remember the pics of them on your truck in past posts.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Bump.... Need These Gone... Will Consider Reasonable Offers
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

do u still have them? and my crew is not a zr5 just the standard 4x4 have winston step bars on there now but really like these is there a way to put these in place of the ones i have now?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

sonomadude4x4 wrote:do u still have them? and my crew is not a zr5 just the standard 4x4 have winston step bars on there now but really like these is there a way to put these in place of the ones i have now?
Yep Still Sitting In The Garage, If You Don't Have A ZR-5 You Can Either Weld Them Directly To The Frame (F9K9 Has His Welded) Or Drill Holes For The Mounts And Bolt Them To The Frame.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Out of curiosity, if you body lifted, do you have to drill out the brackets to move em up?

I would like to throw you a offer of these and the zr2 rear end but I really can't (shouldn't) lol. But if you ever get real desperate to get rid of em I'm just a state away ;)
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

pm sent
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

fallvitals wrote:Out of curiosity, if you body lifted, do you have to drill out the brackets to move em up?

I would like to throw you a offer of these and the zr2 rear end but I really can't (shouldn't) lol. But if you ever get real desperate to get rid of em I'm just a state away ;)

You Would Have To Cut The Slider Off The Mounting Plate And Re-Weld It BUT... These Are Such Close Tolerances To The Doors To Start With I Had Planned A Bodylift And Was Just Going To Use Them As-Is I Thought They Would Have Looked Fine.

Plus If You Raise Them At All You Are Going To Have To Modify Your E-Brake Cable And That Leads To Another Mess (just Ask Reed-F9k9 About That)

Here's Some More Pics

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BTT
You guys will never see this produced again! This is a screaming deal!!!! I paid close to $500+ for mine and it was without that rail on it.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

would love to have these but cross country freight kills the deal the best I can get is like 185 just for shipping................they look just like I would make
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jedthrocornpone wrote:............they look just like I would make
Do 'em! They are sweet when needed.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Bump For The New Month..... I Have This Weekend Off So I Can Meet Someone If Your Somewhere Near Me And Are Interested
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:Bump For The New Month..... I Have This Weekend Off So I Can Meet Someone If Your Somewhere Near Me And Are Interested
Do you remember any reason why they couldn't be welded on to an extended cab ZR2? Maybe Brule or I can post them up on one of the ZR2 sites.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

F9K9 wrote:Do you remember any reason why they couldn't be welded on to an extended cab ZR2? Maybe Brule or I can post them up on one of the ZR2 sites.
I Don't Know If They Would Be Too Long Or Not, If You Can Find Someone To Measure An Xtra Cab I'll Get The Measurements For These And We Could See.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - Price Lowered To $300.00

Post by gocntry »

Bump,

Still Have These Sitting In My Garage, $300.00 Takes Them Anybody Interested?? I Can Arrange A Meet This Weekend.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - Price Lowered To $300.00

Post by gocntry »

Yep Still Tripping Over These, They Need To Go.....

How About $225.00, Need A ZR2 Rear End We'll Load That Too All For $250.00

I'm Free This Fri - Sat - Sun. I Cannot Transport The Rear End But I Can Meet Within Reason To Sell The Sliders.

Item Located In Manassas, Va
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - Price Lowered NOW $225.00

Post by gocntry »

Rear End Was Sold.....

Still Have The Custom Sliders Though
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

i want these but shipping would prob kill me. would you be able to ship to a APO address with a zip of 09464? im currently stationed in england right now but i got the good ol CC with me haha
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

paintballrocker wrote:i want these but shipping would prob kill me. would you be able to ship to a APO address with a zip of 09464? im currently stationed in england right now but i got the good ol CC with me haha
Doesn't Look Like That Will Work, Weight Is More Than The USPS Will Handle, And I Bet The Cost Is Totally Ridiculous.

Any Plans To Be Back Home Soon? Lancaster Is About 3 Hours Away, And I Have Some Relatives In That Area So A Meet Is Possible.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Did you ever put a jack under these sliders to lift your truck ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Doesn't Look Like That Will Work, Weight Is More Than The USPS Will Handle, And I Bet The Cost Is Totally Ridiculous.

Any Plans To Be Back Home Soon? Lancaster Is About 3 Hours Away, And I Have Some Relatives In That Area So A Meet Is Possible.
i appreciate the offer! but i wont be able to make it home for about another year cause of somethings unfortunately.
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Horsehammerr wrote:Did you ever put a jack under these sliders to lift your truck ?
No Never Did, But I Don't See Using Them To Lift The Truck To Be A Problem, They Should Handle That With No Problem.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

paintballrocker wrote:

i appreciate the offer! but i wont be able to make it home for about another year cause of somethings unfortunately.
You Never Know..... They Might Still Be Sitting In My Garage :lol:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

haha well ill have to pm you then when i get back to the states
Sonoma GT
Crew
Crew

Post by Sonoma GT »

I wonder if it would be possible to adapt these sliders to work on a CrewCab Chevy Colorado.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Bump - Still Have These, Make A Great Xmas Present For Someone's Crewcab
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Custom 1 Of A Kind Sliders - PRICE LOWERED AGAIN - $175.

Post by gocntry »

Dropped Price Again - $175.00 Takes These Home, Pickup Preferred, Will Drive To Meet Within Reason.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:Dropped Price Again - $175.00 Takes These Home, Pickup Preferred, Will Drive To Meet Within Reason.
Geezus! That price is now in the "sellin' them for scrap metal category" and might be an alternative. People, these are truly "one of a kind" well made custom sliders. Can you jack up your CC using them? You can pick up the entire CC by hooking to this slider. I can't remember what I paid for mine and they are without the optional rail that his has. I am thinking I paid close to $500 for mine but, I may be to high.

Mine is without the coveted rail and I have beat the snot out of mine without issues.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

i still really want these but im not coming home anytime soon. any chance you could cut off the mounting 'arms' that extend from the actual square tube of the slider and ship it like that? im willing to pay the shipping
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think that cutting them up to ship them may not gain much. It is the weight that will be the killer here. They will already be too long so cutting the mounting tubes off may not help the size much.

There is probably a way to ship them without too much hassle. The price is lining up where shipping costs might just make them affordable still.

Wish I was closer. I'd make them work for my Avalanche.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Well shipping to military APO is limited to 75lbs and 130"of combined LxW. so cutting the arms off would deff help the shipping. I just had a set of 47" chevy front leaf springs sent to me for my axle swap for $50 for the two, so i cant imagine the shipping cost being outrageous for these, especially with the amrs cut off
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

May be irrelevant and Greyhound has changed hands since I had my experience two yrs ago. I purchased a brand new heep soft top with the hardware from a guy on Ebay a couple of years ago. The metal frame hoop's size threw it into the freight category with UPS, FedX and USPS. The cheapest shipping freight was going to be over $300. Greyhound, at the time, did it for around $100. Might be worth checking it out with a couple of measurements. Those sliders at $275 or more, is still a freakin' steal. Start pricing steel, powder coating, custom work and you will see what a deal that those things are. If, you want them on a mall crawler then, you really don't need them. They're meant to be used and abused.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

yea i know how expensive it can be to make sliders of that design. i can weld and it still would be alot. and no. it isnt for a mall crawler
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

paintballrocker wrote:.........and no. it isnt for a mall crawler
:thumb:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

F9K9 wrote:
paintballrocker wrote:.........and no. it isnt for a mall crawler
:thumb:
haha thanks. ill post my build as soon as i start the axle swap. few more parts tho still needed
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

paintballrocker wrote:i still really want these but im not coming home anytime soon. any chance you could cut off the mounting 'arms' that extend from the actual square tube of the slider and ship it like that? im willing to pay the shipping
I'll Keep This In Mind, But I'm Not Quite Ready To Chop 'Em Up and Ship 'Em Yet.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote: Wish I was closer. I'd make them work for my Avalanche.
Now There's An Idea, Wonder If I Could Fit Them To My Hoe :mrgreen:
zjrebel
Regular
Regular

Post by zjrebel »

Where in Va. are you located?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

zjrebel wrote:Where in Va. are you located?
Im in Manassas 20109
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Damn it's a 15 hour drive.... How many of these are left?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

_STUCKY wrote:Damn it's a 15 hour drive.... How many of these are left?
These are a 1 of a kind custom set - Reed (F9K9) has a slightly different design no others exist from the guy who built these

Possibility I'll be in Somerset Pa. April 13-14-15 If that helps at all, I might be able to transport them up there
zjrebel
Regular
Regular

Post by zjrebel »

Damn you're still 200 miles from me. Wish I could make it over there.
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I would drive 200 miles to get them...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

zjrebel wrote:Damn you're still 200 miles from me. Wish I could make it over there.

Which direction are you from Manassas??
zjrebel
Regular
Regular

Post by zjrebel »

I'm in South Boston, Va. right now for work.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Bump....

It's Spring Cleaning Time....... These Need A New Home......
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Ok! Screw it! How much to have them shipped to zip 62638?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

_STUCKY wrote:Ok! Screw it! How much to have them shipped to zip 62638?
Sorry about the delay,

looks like the UPS store is estimating $250.00 for ground, and $1200.00 for overnight :blink: ,

I figured it would kinda work that way,
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

What! Seriously? $1200 to ship overnight? That's ridiculous. I used to work for ups and can assure you they would sit on the wheel well of a trailer all the way here. They throw boxes heavier than those. There are boxes that weight 90 pounds, full of books, that have 45 pounds on the label. People sneak hazardous material into places they shouldn't be. But, this makes me hate that place just a little more...

I'd reeeeaaaaallllllllllyyyyy like to have these, but can't justify selling my kidney to pay for shipping. I was expecting like $100 for shipping.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Imagine what you could have made "custom one of a kind" at a decent weld shop for $1200 ! :blink: :rock: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Thats insane! Where do they come up with these shipping costs? Have you asked FedEx and the USPS also for prices? Its probably the size thats getting them now and not the weight.

If somehow these are still around after my frame is straightened I will gladly buy them and drive down and pick them up.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Horsehammerr wrote:Imagine what you could have made "custom one of a kind" at a decent weld shop for $1200 ! :blink: :rock: 8)
This..... holding a 34x11.50 can hold up to a 36" tire...... not quite ready for that size yet... was thinking time for a dana 60, but had to pay the divorce lawyer instead... maybe next year......

Last edited by gocntry on Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

ApproachMedium wrote:Have you asked FedEx and the USPS also for prices? Its probably the size thats getting them now and not the weight.

If somehow these are still around after my frame is straightened I will gladly buy them and drive down and pick them up.
I had a connection at FedEx but their no longer there :(

They are still sitting in my garage.... anybody picks them up that has a Zr5 model, I'll even help install them on the spot...just make sure you have the factory nerf bar bolts.......

I had a local guy want them for his S10 Blazer, told him won't fit, on the day he was supposed to meet, got ahold of me and figured out they were 9" too long and backed out.
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

bumming me out on these things, if you could only move to oregon (or even 1/2 way ;-) )........215 is the best I can do on shipping......I'm going to talk to my frieght guys and see what kinda rate they can get. I was useing 80x18x14ea and 175lbs for both. what kind of options do you have for pick-up (residential/buisness/buisness with dock/shipping hub) thanks in advance
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

jedthrocornpone wrote:bumming me out on these things, if you could only move to oregon (or even 1/2 way ;-) )........215 is the best I can do on shipping......I'm going to talk to my frieght guys and see what kinda rate they can get. I was useing 80x18x14ea and 175lbs for both. what kind of options do you have for pick-up (residential/buisness/buisness with dock/shipping hub) thanks in advance
I believe they are 82" long total, the rest should be about right (I'll double check after work tonite).

I can take them to my job so you get a business pick up point, no dock or anything though. Just a front door, but it's right at the parking lot so 15 feet to get it to the truck.

If they pick them up as seperate pieces 1 person can move them, If I tape them together (don't know if that would work or not), They will be quite heavy to move.

No trips to Oregon planned not even 1/2 way... Sorry :)

If you need anymore info let me know.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

When I worked for ups, anything over 70 pounds was considered "team lift", meaning 2 people are supposed to pick it up. Those packages cost more to ship. How much more? I have no clue, since I was a thrower. That is why you would get 100 pound boxes marked 69 pounds, they were marking it down for the shipping. Maybe you could sweet talk someone into marking them 69 pounds?
zchap88

Post by zchap88 »

PM sent
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

BUMP....

Headed to Somerset Pa. Saturday morning, leaving Monday afternoon,

Will be right by the Interstate, I can bring these along
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Ill be passing thru there this weekend on my way home from michigan. Taking 80 though. Not like I would have room for them in my volkswagen though. haha Right now we have 3 guys and all our stuff and that gets crammed in perfectly. Oh well.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

ApproachMedium wrote:Not like I would have room for them in my volkswagen though.
Got a roof rack?? I'll bring the bungee cords :lol:

I might be on the other side of Pa in the Lancaster / York area in 30-60 days, If that helps.....
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

No roof rack on this thing! LOL. I may be able to do if you are in lancaster, just have to see if i have the free time to get out there.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I'm off this Saturday, Sunday, Monday if anyone will be in or driving thru Northern Va
SomethingDifferent
Regular
Regular

Post by SomethingDifferent »

I am interested in these are they sold? Please het back to me thanks
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

SomethingDifferent wrote:I am interested in these are they sold? Please het back to me thanks

Not yet, still sitting in the garage........

Just waiting for me to get a chance to take them to my local shop and see how much to re-fit them to the Tahoe :D
SomethingDifferent
Regular
Regular

Ill buy them just have to figure out how to get them to me? My zip is 08805 can you give me a rough ides on shipping?
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I would be interested in them now that my frame was aligned properly. I could come down and pick them up from you but if you have a use for them now with another truck then so be it heh.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

SomethingDifferent wrote:can you give me a rough ides on shipping?
Sorry no shipping on those, We went thru that a long time ago.... it wasn't worth the time and efforts, and the cost was Crazy.

These were for pick up only.
SomethingDifferent
Regular
Regular

Ok I still want them though. I have family in Palmyra VA is that far from you?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

The sliders have been saved from being chopped up to fit the Tahoe and now reside with their new owner :D