Window Lift Motor

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

MarineGunny

Window Lift Motor

Post by MarineGunny »

I just found this website today while searching for help. Great forum! Wish I'd found it years ago!

I am attempting to replace the window lift motor on my driver side door. I got the old one out and cannot for the life of me get the new one in. I cannot get the rollers to slide in to the rails.

I am at my wits end with this one! Can anyone please give me some advice on how to fix this one???
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Window Lift Motor

Post by riceburnr2005 »

do you have a haynes manual?
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GMdata wrote:Motor Replacement - Power Window
Removal Procedure

Caution

Do not attempt to service the regulator motor without releasing the counterbalance spring tension. The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the motor is removed from the regulator.

1. Remove the window regulator.
2. Drill a hole through the window regulator and the sector gear.
3. Install a bolt and a nut through the hole in order to lock the sector gear in position.
4. Drill out the rivets that secure the power window motor to the window regulator.
5. Remove the power window motor from the window regulator.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the power window motor to the window regulator.

Important
Remove the nut and the bolt that were used in order to secure the sector gear in position.
2. Install the rivets in order to secure the power window motor to the window regulator.
3. Install the window regulator.

Window Regulator Replacement - Front Door
Tools Required

J 34940 Rivet Gun
Removal Procedure

1. Remove the window.
2. Disconnect the power window motor electrical connector, if equipped.
3. Remove the electrical harness retainers, if equipped.
4. Drill out the rivets that secure the window regulator to the door.
5. Remove the window regulator from the door.
6. Remove the power window motor, if equipped.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the power window motor, if equipped.
2. Install the window regulator to the door.
3. Install the rivets that secure the window regulator to the door using J 34940 .
4. Connect the electrical connector, if equipped.
5. Connect the electrical harness retainers, if equipped.
6. Install the window.
Sure seems easy. I have not done it on an s-series. Wish I could be of more help.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

haha, well there you go..
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gunny, let me know if you still have problems. HenryJ provided the instructions but, I might be able to help with additional questions for a jarhead.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]