READERS RIDES: Discussion

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

merge

Post by 14x4 »

ToddZCrew wrote:Hello!! Just came along this site thought I would drop in and stake my claim!

I have a 2002 S10 Crew! With a custom solid front axle leaf spring suspension. It is on 33" Kumho Mud terrains, has a dana 30 in front for now, and a ford 8.8 in back for now!! Total lift is about 8 inches; 10 with tires!! It has a mini spool in the back; still looking for a locker for the front, seeing as I need to stick the front driveshaft in!! Everything else is stock, but not if I can help it!
Glad you made it over to S-10CrewCab.net!
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: READERS RIDES: Discussion

Post by F9K9 »

michaelhrgn wrote:
ToddZCrew wrote:Hello!! Just came along this site thought I would drop in and stake my claim!

I have a 2002 S10 Crew! With a custom solid front axle leaf spring suspension. It is on 33" Kumho Mud terrains, has a dana 30 in front for now, and a ford 8.8 in back for now!! Total lift is about 8 inches; 10 with tires!! It has a mini spool in the back; still looking for a locker for the front, seeing as I need to stick the front drive shaft in!! Everything else is stock, but not if I can help it!
good to see you made it over hear cant wait to see your crew dirty
Oh, this is good information. Someone knows the new member and is hinting that he may be a mall crawler.....

just j/k and welcome to the forum.

You keep referring to the 8.8 and the D30 as temporary. I have seen both axles built and they can do well with 33s or even 35s with finesse being utilized on the skinny pedal. Check into the RCV axle upgrade on the D30 and remain there.

Now, we need your profile filled out and if, you don't have pictures then "it never happened"! :wave:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
michaelhrgn
Crew
Crew

Post by michaelhrgn »

hey guys if any of you are members of s10 fourm please vote for totm dont have to vote for me , but check it out and vote , http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f271/may- ... te-468425/
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Sure! What's your user name?
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
michaelhrgn
Crew
Crew

Post by michaelhrgn »

crewcab rabbit ^
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Vote casted. Good luck! :)
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Countryasian wrote:New update!

2001 Chevy S10 CC

Got my new tires and wheels :rock: :mrgreen: :roflmao:
31x10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's
Saving money for a BL
Looks GREAT. Be careful with the rubbing while you wait on the lift. I would imagine that things are tight right now.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Walt wrote:31" BFGs
2" BL
Skidz Fender Flares
Skidz prototype front skidplate
Rancho shocks
Cragar 15x8 Rockcrawler wheels with 4" BS <- I did the 1st gen centercap mod with these
WAAG pushbar from a trailblazer w/ KC lites
Black nerf bars
Billet grill inserts
Bed caps
Custom tow hitch

The only that that changed from these pics is I took the toolbox off and added a toneau cover.
s-10cc3.jpg
s-10cc2.jpg
s-10cc1.jpg
Walt, did you have your torsion bars turned up? What about bumpstops? What about shocks?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Cranked TBs to the max. Stock keys.

Procomp es9000 shocks. Listed ranchos by mistake. They don't compare to bilsteins though.

I don't remember about the bump stops...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Countryasian
Regular
Regular

Post by Countryasian »

HenryJ wrote:
Countryasian wrote:New update!

2001 Chevy S10 CC

Got my new tires and wheels :rock: :mrgreen: :roflmao:
31x10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's
Saving money for a BL
Looks GREAT. Be careful with the rubbing while you wait on the lift. I would imagine that things are tight right now.
Thanks bud and I just now found this Forum haha. But yeah it was tight, but now I have the BL on! Now all I have to do is drop around $700 in it to replace all ball joints, pitman and idler arm, sway bar links, and an inner control arm. :cry:

And what would yall recommend for shocks? Currently I'm thinking the ProComps ES1000's, yea or nay?
2001 Chevy S10 Crew LS 4.3 2.5" keys & shackles, 31/10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's, K&N CAI

"Yeah I'm turnin' off of real life drivin' that truck, hittin' easy street in mud tires."
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Countryasian wrote:... what would yall recommend for shocks? Currently I'm thinking the ProComps ES1000's, yea or nay?
How long do you plan to keep the truck?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Countryasian
Regular
Regular

Post by Countryasian »

HenryJ wrote:
Countryasian wrote:... what would yall recommend for shocks? Currently I'm thinking the ProComps ES1000's, yea or nay?
How long do you plan to keep the truck?
In the words of Jeff Bates: "It'll never see a for sale sign as long as I'm around, yeah friends may come and friends may go, but that Chevy don't lemme down." haha
2001 Chevy S10 Crew LS 4.3 2.5" keys & shackles, 31/10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's, K&N CAI

"Yeah I'm turnin' off of real life drivin' that truck, hittin' easy street in mud tires."
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bilstein is truly a lifetime shock and well worth the investment. Ride like a Cadillac on the asphalt and perform like a trophy truck offroad.

- ThunderII KE7CSK