Program remote for multiple vehicles

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Program remote for multiple vehicles

Post by JaVeRo »

I know it's not something that most people would want to do. Counting my company truck, I have two vehicles that use the same type remote. Rather than carry two remotes, I programmed the remote for my work truck and my personal truck to work on my personal truck. I now only carry my work truck remote and it works on both. When I get my wife's mail truck running again, I will do hers the same way.

Security at my house is not an issue. If someone messes with one of my trucks in the yard, I just go out to see if they survived the dog attack.

I found the info by googling "program remote for multiple vehicles". There are several videos. I just thought someone else might find it useful.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Program remote for multiple vehicles

Post by barch97 »

That's not a bad idea at all. I suspect I could probably do the same with my CC & my Impala. That'd save me the trouble of replacing the battery in the CC remote. Although, I wonder if I'd be able to lock the CC as I drive away in the Impala :?:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

barch97 wrote: I wonder if I'd be able to lock the CC as I drive away in the Impala :?:
I tried it. It does work on mine.

James
2006 K2500 5 speed
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:That's not a bad idea at all..........
My hero lives!

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

so glad I went to the trouble of resetting my password :roll:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Get your Avatar back up and PM me your hand held communication device designation code! :rah:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

This sounds like a great idea but probably only if the vehicles are not stored in the same location? I could see myself walking out of my garage and all 4 of our cars locking and unlocking at the same time might be a problem lol. Would be nice if the remotes could have a switch on the back to go from one vehicle program to another so you could specifically address the vehicle you would like to enter. Kinda like a universal remote for your tv!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

there's probably an app for that :?:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Would be nice if there was! But I dont think they have cars that lock and unlock via bluetooth and wifi yet.

BTW nice to see someone else on here from NJ!
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ApproachMedium wrote:BTW nice to see someone else on here from NJ!
Oh WOW, look at that and down the shore too. We're slowly taking over :lol:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

LOL! Moving to South amboy soon. Not sure if thats considered part of the shore really, but this will always be home.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ApproachMedium wrote:Would be nice if there was! But I dont think they have cars that lock and unlock via bluetooth and wifi yet.
Well, maybe not right off the rack but...

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/

JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

I found out at 5:18 this morning that if you accidentally hit the panic button while getting dressed that you will have horns in stereo. Luckily when I hit the button again, both went off. The farthest truck was under the boat shed about a 100 feet away and I was in the house.

I got to wondering what I could have done if only one turned off. Hitting the button a third, fourth, fifth time could have been a never ending cycle of turning one off and the other on.

James
2006 K2500 5 speed
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HA HA HA...

that's awesome. I think the panic alarm shuts off on it's own after a couple minutes assuming you eventually stop pressing the button. or, when the battery finally gives out. :lol:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

It occurred to me this morning that my Impala has remote ignition and my CC does not. I guess I oughta use the Impala remote for both that way I can start 'em both from inside the house. :wink:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Did the CC's have an option for remote start? If not you'll have to add it to your crew or just stand in the house wondering how come the truck didn't start and the car did. hehehe
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.