got my wheels and tires today (installed)

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

got my wheels and tires today (installed)

Post by riceburnr2005 »

- tires are goodyear wrangler authority 31x10.5x15
- wheels are crager soft 8 15x7
- got the tires from wal mart after tax were $688. The wheels i ordered from summitracing they were like 45 each plus the centercaps were seperate. also have 1.5" spacers for the rear and daystar 2 inch shackles that im putting on. On top of that i have 4 new shocks, 4 ball joints, inner/outer tie rod ends, pitman/idler arms to name a few..going to be busy these next couple weeks. Oh and i also got a PA body lift while i was at it.
Attachments
photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3.JPG
Last edited by riceburnr2005 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: got my wheels and tires today

Post by HenryJ »

Those look like GREAT tires! Kind of a combination of an AT and MT with some siping.
I'll be watching your impressions and their performance.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Yea I thought the siping they added was a nice little touch as well as the added tread on the sidewall I haven't heard any reviews on the treadwear on these yet though.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What did they cost? I am guessing a 25-30k mile tire? Any reviews to shed light on their tread life?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

they were like 154 a tire at walmart. i ordered them from their website and they give free site to store shipping. after tax the total was 688 for all four. If anyone has found any reviews on tread life i would like to see.
U.S. Marines
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That price is very attractive. I wonder if they are one of those Walmart only tires?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Yes they are walmart has a contract with Goodyear for this tire
U.S. Marines
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Here is the Canadian version of the tire.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj26 ... res026.jpg

I have about 40 000kms (25 000 miles) on them and only about half wear. I think the wear on those tires should be better because they are a little less aggressive.

Now hurry up and get them mounted! :roflmao:
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

my boss has these tires on his jeep they were also 31x10.50 seemed to be a good tire hes had the jeep for 6 months or so and no tread were has shown they do ride good.... like hj said theere kinda a combmitation of a AT and a MT do have a slight humm on pavement but u probly wont hear to much of that in your truck cause his jeep was a soft top to u hear every thing
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

good to know on the tread wear issue. I would've had them put on this weekend but its a 7 day workweek for me, i just dont have the time right now. I got my tonneau cover in the mail today too.. haha my laundry room has a stack a parts waiting to go on my truck.
U.S. Marines
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I like the new tires! I used to buy the WalMart Goodyear Wrangler AT's because of the low price and good mileage. I like the new tread design they have now. When the BFG AT's on my old Blazer wear out I'm going to give these a try.
I'm sure you'll like how your truck looks after the BL, shackles, and new tire/rim combo!

Steve
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Got everything put on except the body lift will post pics soon...
U.S. Marines
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: got my wheels and tires today (Pics installed)

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Here's my little review on the tires. they have a nice little roar going down the road. Not enough to be annoying but noticeable. Ran em through sum mud after the rain we had a couple days ago and i have no complaints. They look pretty bad ass, ive gotten tons of compliments already. So far i'd recommend these tires to anyone interested. Truck rides 100 times better with the new shocks.
Attachments
photo (1).JPG
U.S. Marines
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Looks :thumb: .

Don't worry about the wear. I just measured my tread depth yesterday and I still have 13/32". The book says they start with 18/32".
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: got my wheels and tires today (installed)

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Noticed some rubbing today guess ill have to do some more trimming...
U.S. Marines
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

The tires and wheels look good. I was wondering what the offset and backspacing on the wheels are. I am thinking about getting a set for my CC, because my ZR5 wheels are starting to peel.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

MinnesotaMudder wrote:The tires and wheels look good. I was wondering what the offset and backspacing on the wheels are. I am thinking about getting a set for my CC, because my ZR5 wheels are starting to peel.

sorry took me so long to answer, these wheels have a 4in backspace and 0 offset on them. at least that's what the site says. i ordered them on summit racing. P/N cragar 3975734
U.S. Marines
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

riceburnr2005 wrote:Noticed some rubbing today guess ill have to do some more trimming...
You didn't say where the rubbing is happening but, with your 4" back spacing I'd say your most likely bumping the top center of your front fender openings. I have 3 3/4" BS with 30 x 9.5's and would bump there because the tires set 1 1/2" outside the fender opening. I went to the fullsize Bump Stops and reduced this bumping to " No Bump" as long as I don't get crazy with speed on big humps or dips. I know if I would go 2" body lift I could eliminate the fender contact all together. I've also done the Skidz flare cuts to my front and rear fenders and ZR5 flares , but this only affects front and back clearance on any tire wheel combination. :rock: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

I was also wondering how much does the wheel stick out from the truck? I don't think i would have a rubbing issues with my 6" SL.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

My front tires actually rub towards the rear of the fender closer to the front doors. i never have a problem with the tires contacting top center. All the tires stick out from the fenders about an inch or two. the two inch spacers i put in the rear made them even with the front. Hopefully the BL will fix any rubbing at all, also where would i find full size bump stops i just replaced the little ones that come on the truck but they dont seem to be doing anything.
U.S. Marines
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Search the " Marvelous Mystery Lift " I think thats where I got my part #'s. I did reverse the application by putting the solid rear stops in front for a more firm bump. I figured this would help more then the hollow core one that are made for the front. Those I put on the rear, since with no load in the bed I don't think I could FORCE the rear to bottom out. I know the lower A arms are bendable so thats also a good reason to go at the rough roads with a little ease. Oh yeah ! The rear of wheel well rubbing issue will be solved by doing the Skidz Flare cut to your fenders, it's a bit hair raising to cut on your ride but, the results are very rewarding. those are also searchable .
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Guess i will have to look into that. Update on the tires i recently drove from north carolina up to cleveland ohio and the tires were nice. Just a little road noise not too much handle nicely in the wet going up the 77 turnpike. Have about 5000 miles on em so far still look new. Now if i could find some mud...
U.S. Marines
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Ugh....mud. Why do we always want to play in the stuff when we start wheelin'? I detest it now! :?:

Gimme rock :thumb:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

If you were on I-77, you passed within a mile of my house. PM me before your next trip maybe we could meet for a few minutes.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

well this was the last time i hit up 77 for the next three years. Im jumping on a plane to be stationed in japan on the 24th. Im putting the crew cab and my other toys in storage sad to say...
U.S. Marines
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Be sure to store everything properly so you won't have trouble when you get back.
[size=75]Mitch
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Most defenitaly
U.S. Marines
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

if no one has told you, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!
[size=75]Mitch
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Thanks alot I appreciate it and your welcome...
U.S. Marines
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

In my opinion, our service personel and veterans don't get the thanks they deserve.
[size=75]Mitch
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

rlrnr53 wrote:In my opinion, our service personel and veterans don't get the thanks they deserve.
Most don't understand. Dieing for our country is the last sacrifice. It's the millions of hours of sacrifice that lead up to that one moment that make it the ultimate. God Bless everyone who will serve, is in service, and has served !! Thank You All !!