running amp wire

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

running amp wire

Post by urimashe »

hey guys, i was gona try and run my amp wire through my firwall. couldent get my metel hanger wire to push through the rubber gromit due to the cold conditions so i gave up for the day.

what i wanted to ask you guys is, i was told that there are gromits in the back of the cab made to pass wires through, is that true for our crew cabs? if so.... anyone have a picture? or location?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: running amp wire

Post by HenryJ »

Antenna grommet on the passenger side foot well is the easiest. A quick search will find pictures of that. None on the back of the cab that I know of. There is only the cabin pressure vent on the back.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

yea, thats the hole i was trying to push the wire through, the gromit in there right now is so cold its like plastic. so i gave up on that for the day. going to try next weekend
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Attacking it while the engine is still warm might help? WD-40 might too.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I found mine to be hard too, possibly with age? I was able to fit a screwdriver through and stretch it out slightly to allow the wire to fit through eaiser. Just be careful not to damage anything in the process.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

thanks, if me and my buddy dont find the way to acces the rear of the cab then i will go back to that grommet and try a screwdriver then
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

running amp wire

Post by riceburnr2005 »

I routed mine through the passenger fender through a hole that's behind the glove box against the a pillar. Kinda hard to describe lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

hey guys, just a update, i got the wire through the firewall, didnt want to wait for my freinds help to try and find somthing through the back. after that i isntalled my amp and drilled a hole for the ground and got that all screwed down.
i bought a Bazooka for behind my seat after reading some of the posts here about subs, i got it becouse i was looking for somthing for bass, i upgraded my speakers but that wasent enough i was missing out on the bass.
i would like to say that getting the bazooka was a great idea, it sounds amazing back there, it is loud, it is sound loud, not vibration loud, i like vibration but the sound quality from this tube is amazing and i am happy with it and highly recommend it for people looking for somthing to compleate there soundsystem, even if there looking for somthing temporary untell they can afford somthing bigger. anyways, thats my two cents!
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

running amp wire

Post by riceburnr2005 »

What size bazooka did u get? What kind of amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

250 w class d amp 6 inch bazooka