Looking for a roll bar, any ideas?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

bantzt

Looking for a roll bar, any ideas?

Post by bantzt »

Hi guys,

I am planning on getting a 2004 s10 crew cab here in a few months and I already know that I want to do several modifications to it. Most of the items will be easily done and found. I am having a problem locating a good rollbar/lightbar for it. I still want to be able to put in 2 toolboxes that fit over the wheel wells. I really want to try to avoid making my own if I can help it, heating and bending steel can be a pain in the rear.

Reason for the toolboxes is that I want to store a secondary battery so that when the truck is off and my big lights are on, I can still start the truck. Also hull my tools/emergency stuff.

Any suggestions would be great.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Looking for a roll bar, any ideas?

Post by HenryJ »

We did have one member with a roll bar. His truck "Veronica" is long gone. The South American version had an optional light bar and bull bar. Neither of which I have seen in the US. I pursued finding and importing one for a time. I had the part number, but even at the time it was out of stock or discontinued.
A rail mounted light bar may be the best option if you are really wanting to add side boxes. Even then it might be tight. You might consider using the roof rack bows for lights. Several have done that. A basket on top also makes a good place to add lights.
Sorry I am not of more help, but there just really are no good options for a roll bar. I am pretty sure that you will have to build your own, or modify one to work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

Not meaning to bring back an old thread, but i just bought one off a guy. all he did was cut the front down to sit on the wheel wells. looks good. pics currently unavailable
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

crewcabs10 wrote:Not meaning to bring back an old thread, but i just bought one off a guy. all he did was cut the front down to sit on the wheel wells. looks good. pics currently unavailable
Bring it out of the dust! That's the way I like it. :thumb: Thanks for the information. I think "Veronica" was the last one I saw with a roll bar?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

I bought it because its the only one i found that still gives you room to haul cargo...or whatever is small enough to fit in it!
roll bar 1.jpg
roll bar 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

And now it is for sale. if there is anyone in Mass or around here its $150. i wouldnt ship, sorry!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

crewcabs10 wrote:And now it is for sale. if there is anyone in Mass or around here its $150. i wouldnt ship, sorry!
What happened?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
crewcabs10 wrote:And now it is for sale. if there is anyone in Mass or around here its $150. i wouldnt ship, sorry!
What happened?
+1
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

Ive decided to lower my truck, Its disappointing to know that 35's is all i can fit under my truck. im going to do a similar build to 1low4X4 on s10 forum.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

crewcabs10 wrote:Ive decided to lower my truck, Its disappointing to know that 35's is all i can fit under my truck. im going to do a similar build to 1low4X4 on s10 forum.
Go to SyTy.net forum and read about the right way to lower an S-10. It's NOT with air bags and crap. When down, you need some comfort and lots of control. The biggest difference in a Syclone/ Typhoon and any

other S-10 4x4 is the All Wheel Drive settup in them, we can disengage our front axle for around town or hiway. Why run the front when you don't need the extra traction ? Simply push the button. I am also working on at least a four inch drop, front and rear. My main concern is keeping my wide stance. I'm 4 1/2 " wider than stock and really like the stability in cornering. I'm looking into building custom steel fender extentions.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

I sold my blue crew and kept the roll bar. Just got an 04 Zr5 w/68k and leather. Couldn't pass it up. I lifted it 3-1/2" with a 2" BL, and t-bar crank/AAL. I trimmed the front fenders and stuffed some 33/12.5s on. I may put the roll bar on.

crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

Kinda cool but uneventful information...That roll bar "Veronica" had, is the one I have. I Traded the guy who bought the truck (now here in MA) a Kenwood Deck installed for it.