front bed rail

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

front bed rail

Post by RebelKid1822 »

despite undercoating and lots of baths, the salt in ohio has gotten to my truck. the only place i hav rust is underneath my bed. the front rail is over half gone, i was woundering is anyone new if i could get one, or if i will hav to fab one. i want to try and save the bed being as it still has no holes in ir.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: front bed rail

Post by green02crew »

I have the same issue only worse. My front rail IS gone. Completely. They don't see much treatment coming from the assembly line leaving them open to rust and only a matter of time. I now have a somewhat tilt bed. If you sit on the tailgate, the bed tips up slightly, not a good situation. The rest of the truck is reasonable with little rust.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RebelKid1822 »

well i hope to not get that bad! guess ill just have to take the bed off and make some new ones.
RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RebelKid1822 »

was under the truck today, rust is like cancer. the hole front of my bed is GONE. i was trying to make some rough measurements b4 i pulled and started knocking off some of the rust. because i have a bedliner, i had no idea the damage was so bad. i may still be able to do some serious patching, but a new bed may be better. anyone kno if i can get the whole bottom of the bed? my sides are perfect with no fender rust? or any good deals on bed?-the canary yellow would be awsome so i wouldnt have to paint it.
wnyred
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by wnyred »

I don't know if you ever found what you were looking for,but believe LMC sells all parts of the truck bed.
RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RebelKid1822 »

they did, it was just a crazy price, im just going to make a custom bottom and weld in.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Same here. No rust anywhere on my 2003. Except for the front bed rail is about gone. I thought it was from my light bar I had bolted through it. Or maybe from running my quad in too tight. I pulled the bedliner out. Other than a little paint rub-off, there isn't any rust anywhere else. Need to weld in a new front this summer.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by northsnoma »

Some problem gonna weld in a new piece when it warms up too. I also think it magnified by ratcheting in my dirtbike so much
2002 Sonoma Crew
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

I just replaced both of my bed rails...made new ones from scratch. only the 2 bolts at the rear bumper where holding it! I didnt want it to happen again so i coated every piece of my frame, bed, and cab.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

crewcabs10 wrote:............I didnt want it to happen again so i coated every piece of my frame, bed, and cab.
With................?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
crewcabs10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by crewcabs10 »

Some truck bedliner brush on coating