Wanted: Skidz Fender Flares

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wanted: Skidz Fender Flares

Post by MlePatron »

Looking for a set of Skidz fender flares in the unlikely event that there are any still floating around out there.
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
ZR2 rear axle, 31" shoes, 2" rear lift shackles w/ front torsion tweak, 2.5" RCL, 1.25" front spacers, Rocker guard, Tow Package, Roof Rack, light bar, heated leather seats, front tow shackles, trip data computer upgrade, 5-speed transmission swap, fuel tank skid plate, carbon fibre skid plate package, K&N CAI
Upcoming are fender flares, iron front diff swap, possible 2" body lift
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Wanted: Skidz Fender Flares

Post by HenryJ »

Pretty sure the last known set was sold. Never hurts to ask though. Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares may be the only option left for flares. If you need the Skidz cuts, going flareless is a good option.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

From the hours of reading and reaserch, I figured as much bit I thought it was worh a try to ask. Maybe a set will appear out of nowhere. I have looked into the Bushwacker flares, but I'm not 100% positive which ones to run with. Just adapt any fleet side set onto my CC? Is there fender trimming involved? (Which is fine if there is, I want wider wheel wells anyways for bigger shoes down the road). Thanks for your help!

I know you're a great source of info on this forum. I've been hiding in the shadows and have hours and hours of threads here. It's an awesome place and I come here for all my problem solving and for new ideas.
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
ZR2 rear axle, 31" shoes, 2" rear lift shackles w/ front torsion tweak, 2.5" RCL, 1.25" front spacers, Rocker guard, Tow Package, Roof Rack, light bar, heated leather seats, front tow shackles, trip data computer upgrade, 5-speed transmission swap, fuel tank skid plate, carbon fibre skid plate package, K&N CAI
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

MlePatron wrote:... I have looked into the Bushwacker flares, but I'm not 100% positive which ones to run with. Just adapt any fleet side set onto my CC? Is there fender trimming involved? (Which is fine if there is, I want wider wheel wells anyways for bigger shoes down the road).
Bushwacker flares will make the wheel well smaller. They do add coverage outward , but 31" tires will be as big as would ever clear. They will rub a little too.
My Bushwacker install
The front flares bolt on with minimal modifications to improve the fit. The rears need to be contoured for the Isuzu fender bulge.
I know you're a great source of info on this forum.
Thank you :angel:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

i tihnk i was actually the buyer of the last set, haha. but i just puled my flares off to do the skidz cuts, and it dont look half bad. its always a option you can try if you need the bigger wheel wells
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is what I would do. Check out jedthrocornpone truck Pics are MIA right now, but I saw it in person and it looked very good.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

Thanks all. I'll check into the bushwackers a bit more if they are the only option left... -grumble- but I would really like to be able to open those wheel wells wider.

If a guy was brave and REALLY good with a heat gun (and if money were no object...which it is still), do you think a creative guy could reshape some bushwackers a bit to make them wider? I understand that I'd have to stretch them a tiny bit as well cuz if I push them wider I lose out on length... I'm just toying with a few ideas here. Let me know what you think n
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I have 2 of those pictures saved. :D

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

_STUCKY wrote:I have 2 of those pictures saved. :D

Sweet! Thanks! Careful, that sort of stuff will change your name from "Stucky" to "Recovery" ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

MlePatron wrote:If a guy was brave and REALLY good with a heat gun (and if money were no object...which it is still), do you think a creative guy could reshape some bushwackers a bit to make them wider? I understand that I'd have to stretch them a tiny bit as well cuz if I push them wider I lose out on length... I'm just toying with a few ideas here.
No. The heat will make them too brittle. Also, they are pretty thin already. The material would not only distort badly, it could pull apart.
Minor corner molding is the best you can hope for with a heat gun.

There is an option that I did want to explore. Bushwacker flares for a 1997 Ford F150. I have seen them used as cut-out-flares on other vehicles. They have a round wheel well radius and a similar bodyline. Their wheel wells are much larger than ours. I would guess 35"?

I never did get my hands on a set to hold up against the rig. They would be big :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Sweet! Thanks! Careful, that sort of stuff will change your name from "Stucky" to "Recovery" ;)
I have been know to be the only person that will answer the phone, late at night, in the middle of a snow storm, to go pull people out of ditches. I actually enjoy it. Before the yj was mine, the kid had lawn darted it into a snow bank late at night. Like 2 days later, I got another call from him when he wiped out in a ditch on the way to work. In his defense, it is kinda squirly on snow, and I would have tried driving onto the snow pile too. :lol:
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

Bushwacker flares for a 1997 Ford F150. I have seen them used as cut-out-flares on other vehicles
Just the 2" bushwacker extend-a-flare? Part #020034-11 at Summit Racing? The $ isn't too bad on those if they're the right ones. I'll be on the lookout for some at the wreckers though as I'd rather be able to hold them up to the truck to see if they will be able to work first before I throw a ton of money and hacking into the project. Thanks for the tip tho. If I find some, I'll be sure to post what I'm able to figure out. Hopefully they might work!
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I actually considered the F150 pocket flares too. That was in the plans along with the 9" ford/ Porsche IFS frontend.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

I'm still really in deep want of fender flares for my CC and since you mentioned the possibility of the '97 F150 flares, hardly a one goes by without me eyeballing the fender bulge compared to mine. I really need to park next to one for a bit and take a few measurements to see for sure if they can be adapted to fit without too much truck surgery. Does anyone out there have a friend with a '97-'2001 F150 they could measure the width and height of the rear fender opening???
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

I'm still really in deep want of fender flares for my CC and since you mentioned the possibility of the '97 F150 flares, hardly a one goes by without me eyeballing the fender bulge compared to mine. I really need to park next to one for a bit and take a few measurements to see for sure if they can be adapted to fit without too much truck surgery. Does anyone out there have a friend with a '97-'2001 F150 they could measure the width and height of the rear fender opening???
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We still have three or four in the fleet. If I get over to the south division I'll slap a tape on one.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

Thanks HJ. If there's anyone on here to trust on a pioneer mod like this its you. Tho I haven't said much on this forum I've probably read half of what's in here. Hours and hours of what to do and how to fix the Crew. Fender flares are by FAR the mod that's been eating me up more than anything else. The same goes for my brother and his 4-door blazer. It would be greatly appreciated cuz as soon as I sell our BlaZeR2 I fixed up I'll have the cash to order a winch, some new meats and flares.
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Keep in mind that the F150 flares will be huge. They can fit a 35" tire stock. They might be as much work as the Baja Fenders.

- ThunderII KE7CSK