Under construction CC

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

lonzyg

Under construction CC

Post by lonzyg »

Hey Guys and Girls,
Looked for a thread on under construction trks, but cant find one. If there is, I am sorry for the new one and maybe someone can put me right. Well, loving my truck so far and just wanted to post pics as I build. Part the way in already, but a long way to go, if it ever will be truely complete. First step was new paint.... Second, front and rear lift. Third, waiting on BL and spacers.... Ok, well, guess I really didnt think about it, but how do I post pics and how is best way to do multiple pics? Love the forum so far. Tons of info.. Thanks
trk.jpg
trk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Under construction CC

Post by HenryJ »

Don't be afraid to start a new thread, or awake one long dead. We are pretty easy to get along with here.
Great job! You don't see that kind of work as much anymore. Looks great!
:wave: welcome aboard

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
lonzyg

Post by lonzyg »

Thanks... BL came in today so truck is torn apart... heres a couple pics with TB maxed and new diy shackles, giving roughly 2". Then, torn apart with part of the BL on and new tires...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Really begging to "pop"!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
lonzyg

Post by lonzyg »

I figure with it only seeing highway and nearly never any offroad... I should be good for awhile... fingers crossed. lol. BL is on just waiting on the front spacers to cut out some of the frame rub... 3" spacers on back were perfect...
lonzyg

Post by lonzyg »

Here's lastest pic...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks nice :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
lonzyg

Post by lonzyg »

Here is how my $2000 truck looked when I got it... and after...
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

How many miles did your $2000 truck have on it when you got it? I would have snatched up that truck at that price!

Its looking good. You running into any issues with it?
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

gotcha some serious rake there bud
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
lonzyg

Post by lonzyg »

Truck had 212000 on it over all, but motor was replaced a few months back with on 81000 on it. Guy had all the paper work to prove it too. I did change rear rotors and calibers. Rear pinion seal was leaking but that was a cheap easy repair. As for an issues since Ive had it... not yet. I am waiting on the front spacers cause wow I am rubbing the frame... lol. The rack should help with my livestock feed load I have to carry. But that pic looks more than it is. lol. Cant wait to black wheels, add bed liner, Nissan Frontier roof rack, step and bed rails. At least it looks like a 4x4 now... more pics to come...
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

looks good
i like the old school paint
keep the pics coming
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Interesting to see that your truck ended up with a new engine, do you know what was wrong with the old one? Also I had all the same problems with mine around that mileage. Im at 257K right now with the original motor running on a goofy #3 cylinder. Proof these things will last so you shouldnt have any issue keeping the thing around for a while. :rock:
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

Nice stance, would love to get mine looking like that when I'm due to replace these stock tires..and have a valid excuse to do some lifting.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD