Cleaning out the truck.

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Cleaning out the truck.

Post by green02crew »

Have:

SOLD: Scangauge 2 on eBay for $133 shipped.
and
SOLD: HPP3 Model #30012, has had the programming removed so is all set, I have a photo verifying.
$100 shipped for each, or make a reasonable offer.

Stock PCM
Stock pulleys
Stock tape deck
Cover shipping and it's yours?

Paypal only.
Last edited by green02crew on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Cleaning out the truck.

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Thats a good deal on a scanguage for someone. How old is it? Just to know if it had the X gauge software too.

Bought one in the summer to watch my trans temps towing. Also leave it on engine temp and whatever else. Definitely came in handywhen I had my CEL come one driving home from a camping trip too.

Free bump for ya.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

What all can be done with the scangauge and the HPP3? I may be interested in both, but I'm not sure how badly I need them. I've done a little bit of reading on the HPP3, but not enough to know anything. School me and convince me I need them :D
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Thanks LoneWolf. It's programmable so it has the xgauge software. I added transmission temp and knock retard to it. I used it lots of times for the CEL clearing.

Stucky, here is a list from the HPP3 site:
Adjustable Features

Shift Firmness 25%, 50%, 75%, & 100%
Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Gears 2.73, 3.08, 3.23, 3.42, 3.73, 4.10 & 4.56
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 24-54 inches 1/4 inch increments
Top Speed Limiter 81, 87, 93, 99, 106, 112, 118, 124, 130, 149, 168, 186, 255 MPH
Rev Limit 5200 to 6200 RPM in 100 RPM increments
Return Back To Stock
DTCs Read and Clear

It also changes fuel octane. That part # is for 2002 chevy/gm trucks but I think all the s10 computers were the same? You can only have 1 vehicle programmed with it at a time. You must remove the programming on the 1st one to program another.

For the scanguage its a little more complicated. It can read check engine codes and clear them. It also can read outputs from the veh's computer such as tranny temp, live horsepower output and torque, knock retard and many other settings. Here's a link to them:
http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

A good price for both units. I like my scan-gauge in my truck so well when I bought my 2011 Accent I bought one for it as well. Wouldn't be without it in either the truck or the car. My old Nissan uses a different system but I found a computer for it on e-bay several years ago and it works great as well.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

still have the hpp3?
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yes.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
curtisb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by curtisb »

Is the hpp3 compatible for other years? I have an 04 and I'm kinda looking around for a programmer and from the features you listed this is one. Oh and I assume that it's not vin locked.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I do not know exactly what years this covers. I believe there is a lookup on hpp's website about that. It is not vin locked.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Really on the fence for the HPP3. Mine's and '02, just unsure if I would get use out of it. Shift firmness is about the only thing I would use. Not looking to change tire size, gearing, rev limiter, or rpm limiter.... decisions decisions...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not to offer a push here, but mine with the optional offroad tire size (235/75-15) was off 3 mph. I used the programmer to correct the speedometer for the stock optional offroad tire size :)

Does that programmer read and clear codes? Mine did not , but it was the 2001 model.

EDIT: I see it does read and clear DTC codes. That is a BIG plus! Worth the price for that alone, IMO.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

LoneWolf04 wrote:Really on the fence for the HPP3. Mine's and '02, just unsure if I would get use out of it. Shift firmness is about the only thing I would use. Not looking to change tire size, gearing, rev limiter, or rpm limiter.... decisions decisions...
For $100 shipped, it's a great deal! If I had an 02 I would go for it! A little extra hp, firmer shifts, and the ability to read trouble codes is well worth it, and it does much more. I also found that changing the tire size based on the manufacturers specs results in a more accurate speedometer and odometer. The shift points, rev limiter, and rpm limiter are more for improving 1/4 mile times than improving your daily driving, but they can be useful if you drive with a heavy foot. I believe it also allows you to change gear ratios in the front and rear diffs if you ever swap them out for something different. That's my :2:

Steve
curtisb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by curtisb »

I wish it was for an 04, i can't find anything saying that the model years are interchangeable.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Hey green02crew, I would like to purchase your HPP3. Please PM me and we WILL take care of the money transfer. Thanks, Chuck
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

New PM sent
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

HPP3 sold.

Scanguage still availabe until it goes onto eBay.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Updated, sold Scangauge on eBay. I tried to pass the deals along to you guys!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab