Metal box behind dash at heater controls

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Metal box behind dash at heater controls

Post by paintballrocker »

Hey not sure if this is in the right section or not but Im looking to mount a CB radio where the ash tray is in my '02 s10. I removed the ash tray and right above it, behind where the heater controls are, is a metal box. What is it, because I was thinking of drilling into it to mount the CB mount but i wanted to verify that it was a circuit control box or something.

Thanks
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Metal box behind dash at heater controls

Post by AVTekk »

I know the "box" youre talking about, its got a galvanized finish and IIRC its more like a plate, but I dont remember what it was. Id pull the heater controls out and take a look bc theres a lot of wires sitting on top of it.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Metal box behind dash at heater controls

Post by ApproachMedium »

Humm, I dont recall mine having a box. I planned on mounting the bracket for my railroad mobile radio there, as I had also removed the ashtray a few years ago to do such. One of these days ill get around to mounting the thing properly. Maybe now would be a good idea since I cant really drive it!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ