"GM never made a crewcab S10!"

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

"GM never made a crewcab S10!"

Post by JaVeRo »

Last week when I was looking for a fuel line, I stopped at a large dealership in Lufkin. The Young man behind the counter asked again what vehicle it was going on. The he said, "You mean an extended cab!" I was relieved when I saw an older man coming out of the back. Turns out he didn't know there was an S10 crew cab either. I didn't think they were willing to take my word for it so I showed them a picture of mine on my phone. Then they couldn't find it on the computer. I gave them my VIN and they figured out they were looking under 2wd vehicles.

It would have been comical if it hadn't been so sad. That was only 10 years ago. Not only are they discontinuing parts, they are trying to forget we even exist.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: "GM never made a crewcab S10!"

Post by AVTekk »

Sounds like a typical dealership to me, they don't know anything about what they're working on or selling, its just a job to them. Sad.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: "GM never made a crewcab S10!"

Post by ApproachMedium »

Funny you mention the fuel line. Were you able to find it? The one that goes from my tank to the lines in the frame broke, and it virtually does not exist. It had to get repaired and put back in the truck.

I went to the dealer the other day to try and find Torsion bars, because apparently new torsion bars for S10 second gens do NOT exist. The only way to get them is from GM direct, they are in a warehouse in Lansing MI. Lucky me I know one small family owned dealership that does not have its head so far up its ass.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ