Wheel Spacer

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

redrocket

Wheel Spacer

Post by redrocket »

i have a 2002 crew cab zr5 with 2'' lift shackles, tb crank, PA 192 body lift and i will be putting 31x10.5 r15 on this weekend. there is so much good information on this forum but since i am new and unable to follow it all i figured i would just ask since you all pry know the answer already. i am wanting the 31x10.5 to be even with or stick out past the zr5 fender flares. does anybody know what sizes i would need in the front and back? i have the stock zr5 rims with i believe 6'' back spacing. any help is great. Thanks. after reading all the forums i am thinking 3'' in back and 1.5'' in front but i am unsure. also since some of you have had yours on for awhile which brands do you have and how have they held up? thanks again
Hartleybl
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Wheel Spacer

Post by Hartleybl »

I know you would need a one inch spacer per side on the rear to make it even with the front but anything else in not sure.... I have read that most go with 2.5s in the back and 1.25 in the front but some have done 3 in the back and 1.5 in the front in my opinion 3 inch spacers would be dangerous I have been burned in the past by them
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Put a tire up on the curb. Turn your wheel to where the corner is closest to the back of the front fender. How much room do you have?

1.25" reduction in rearspacing up front eliminates the frame rub , pretty much. More than that you run into fender rub from the increased scrub radius.

If at all possible, go to the ZR2 rear axle. Then 1" spacers will be just right.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
redrocket

Post by redrocket »

thanks for the information. i will pry put 1.25 in the front. what brand would you recommend or not recommend? what has worked best in the past?
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

redrocket wrote:thanks for the information. i will pry put 1.25 in the front. what brand would you recommend or not recommend? what has worked best in the past?
JagsThatRun.com
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If completevalue is selling on ebay . I would buy there again. Last set I bought from ebay mamber cjbargins. Good stuff and priced right.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
redrocket

Post by redrocket »

just had my truck aligned. if i put spacers on the front is it going to need re aligned? it shouldnt mess with camber/caster right?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nope. Your alignment will be fine. It will not change anything more than changing a wheel might. All spacers do is change the rearspacing of the wheel.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
stallzero

Post by stallzero »

were you successful? i have a 2004 chevy s10 crewcab zr5 and i would like to put 30x10.5r15's on my stock rims. i have a 2" shackle kit i have not installed yet and ill crank a t-bar a bit but i dont want to go crazy with it. so id love to hear it you were able to make the 31's fit with no problem and what spacers you used so i know if i need to or not. if not i might end up just getting new stock tires but id really like to go a little bigger for that more agressive look. i hate that my rear flares stick so much further out than the wheels!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The 10.5 tires might rub the fender and or frame. 9.5 clear good, but the wider may need a body lift and wheel spacers for clearance. Little or no articulation you might be ok.

- ThunderII KE7CSK