Anyone interested in Firearms and/or Edged Weapons?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Anyone interested in Firearms and/or Edged Weapons?

Post by rlrnr53 »

Haven't thought about a holster yet, but those look like a good choice, affordable, and a good warranty,
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
crews10
Regular
Regular

Post by crews10 »

I realize nobody has posted in a couple months but I have a Springfield xd45 sub compact, a sears and roebuck 12 gauge, and a Remington woodsmaster .308 I use for hunting
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

My newest is a Glock 23 4thgen that I just performed a .25/c trigger job on after replacing the factory serrated trigger bar with a smooth bar from a G22, and added the extended slide stop. i bought it as a practice piece for work since we are not allowed to shoot our duty G22's at any time other then official company sponsored range times and i needed more trigger time with the Glock for qualifications.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

With the price and availability of ammunition somewhat difficult, I added another tool to the chest:

Anyone recognize it?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Taurus PT92 Airsoft?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

My newest addition is a Glock 23 Gen4 with a Wolff 9mm ported conversion barrel, I replaced the factory serrated trigger group with a G22 smooth face trigger and added the Glock extended slide stop. Still not really a fan but good for practice since we carry the G22 for work and I am not supposed to use it except at approved range days every 6 months or so if I happen to have the day off from work or qualifications biannually. Shot IDPA practice shoot for the first time 2 weeks ago with it, did OK for being the first time shooting the weapon and course. As with all Glocks it's small for my hand even with large grip straps added and I tend to shoot them low and right(targets left my right) on the target (left handed shooter). Nice thing is they are easy to disassemble to clean and repair.

I am also rebuilding a Taurus M80 .38 special revolver circa 1974 that a coworker managed to blow up the barrel and shear off the firing pin nose when he tried to put 3 bullets down the barrel at once!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

04crewvt wrote:Taurus PT92 Airsoft?
Very close! KWA PTP 6mm gas blow back. 1:1 Beretta 92 practice pistol. Very cool. Same weight , size fit and function. Fits all my holsters.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I figured I was close either KWA or WE. You running Green Gas or using the adapter to run from propane? I was looking at the WE G17 Gen 4 clone myself as a practice gun but I picked up the real G23 first. Will get the other at some point.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Propane. I add silicone oil. Cheap plentiful and easy. I am totally new to this stuff. Once I read more about the TWA pistols and learned a little more, I thought I'd give it a try.
I like it so far. "Keeping it real and the same feel." :)

If they make what you wield in a good copy, I'd say it is worth the investment. I can practice with this right out the back door :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Not nearly as exciting as that^, but I've been using this little guy to kill mice. Been using cci shot shells for the ones inside the shed, cci shorts for the ones I can manage to get outside. I've "used" this more than any of my other guns this year. The girlfriend picked up the toy gun holster at the dollar store. Perfect fit!
:D

:wave:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is a pretty cool looking old wheel gun. What is it?

Black Friday deal struck for me. I await new assets for the twins :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

It's an H&R Premier 22 rim fire. 7 shot. I mainly bought it to shoot the shot shells. Everyone tells me that they will mess up the rifling in the barrel, so I wanted a junk gun to shoot them. It's extremely tiny. It looks almost like a toy. When you open it, there's an ejector doodad that doesn't work the greatest with a regular .22 shell, I think the brass expands and it won't eject them. If you use shorts in it, they pop out just fine. The shot shells pop out ok too, I don't think they expand like the others. It has shot everything I've put in it though. My biggest concern with it is that it doesn't always spin the cylinder to where it should. It's worn out. I don't know how old it is.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I didn't take any pics of it, but I picked up a sig sauer mosquito in pink for the girlfriend. We put probably 60-80 rounds or so through it yesterday without any trouble at all. Made her read the manual, take it apart, clean it, and put it back together. She did great. It seems like a quality .22 so far, nothing like all the bad reviews I've seen online. I'll probably pick up the imidefense holster for it, it will fit a light and comes in pink.

Next on the to get list for her is a 10/22. I've been eying one online that my local pawn shop can order in for a decent price. It's the "tactical" version, so it has the over molded hogue stock (in pink), a bipod, a black bull barrel, and no sights. I'm planning to pick one up sometime before Christmas so I can get sights on and zero it in so its ready to shoot for her.

Any suggestions for a decent sight? Doesn't need to be real fancy, would prefer something without batteries, but needs to be consistent and easy enough for a novice to mess with.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Fixed up a Crosman 1322. Nice shooter. The parts removed in the upgrade went into the old 1377 I have. Freshened it up and updated it a little.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Image My first Modern Sporting Firearm. Built as a 10.5" pistol. I still have some items to add but I got everything test fitted that I had today.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nice 8)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Nice. I have a polymer lower enroute. I think I'm gonna build a pistol out of it.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

It's a good way to go. If you build as a pistol first you can make a rifle from it later if you want and back to a pistol ( Mind having the short barrel on with the stock, NFA NO NO unless you pay the tax man his blood money!) Make sure it transfers as OTHER/FIREARM on the 4473 NOT as a pistol or rifle and your good to go. If it transfers or is built as a rifle first it can never be a pistol! Also keep the build under 26.5" and in most state it's still considered a concealed weapon for permit and transport purposes. IN VT this means to me a 14" RIFLE is illegal to carry loaded in a car but a 10.5" PISTOL I can carry with no problem. YMMV depending on your State's Laws